help needed

Options
Hi all,
Wanting some advise about what to do next with my complaint about misselling of solar panels.

I was told during a home visit, that ended in me signing a finance agreement for solar panels, that the system of 8 panels would save me enough money on my electricity bill and in return on F.I.T that the finance would only cost me up to £15 a month.

This is not the case and it is not saving me any money on bills and very minimal return on F.I.T, which has left me paying £78 per month out of my part time earnings to pay for the loan.

I originally made my complaint back in June 2016 and following a lot of phone call and emails I am still waiting for any thing back from Mainframe group.

I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me as I have now lost my job and I am having to find the loan payment money every month that I just can't afford.

What can I do now??

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you get any of that in writing, or was it just verbal? If you don't have any written details, you're going to struggle.

A second line of attack if the solar company won't help is to contact the finance company. You have rights under the Consumer Credit Act, and the finance industry is heavily regulated.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hiya, and welcome. Just for starters, can I ask who the financing was with? Just wondering if you can ask them for help if the advice was bad, also interested to know if it was Barclays as they seem linked to very many of these dodgy sales.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Do you have it in writing? He said She said wont get you anywhere unfortunately.
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Kelkerridge1504
    Options
    My finance is through shawbrook. I have stuff written down from original home visit
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My finance is through shawbrook. I have stuff written down from original home visit
    Hi

As part of the original quotation and order process, written by the salesman on behalf of the company, possibly on letter headed paper .. or your own contemporaneous notes ??

Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Hi, thanks for that, it was a long shot but I have complained personally to Barclays in the past about their links to some dodgy sales, so I thought that might have helped you, had it been a Barclays loan.

You might possibly still be interested in some background and comments by others who have suffered similar miss-selling.

This thread has a lot of info on it:

I've been a massive fool...My planet UK Solar.

See my post #115 for info on my call to Barclays, and also advice I got from RECC on consumer rights.

Also see section 13 of the PV FAQs (post #37) which was added after the e-mail exchange with RECC.

Possibly a good idea to contact RECC if you haven't already, for advice, as per reply #115, I actually e-mailed them links to several discussion threads on MSE reporting similar tactics for overpriced PV and loans.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure