Credit Card experience after BR

Options
Hello

I just wanted to share my experience with credit cards after discharge in case it helps anyone else on here. I still occasionally take a peek on life after bankruptcy topics on this forum.

I was declared BR 2.5 years ago and have been discharged 1.5 years.

6 months after discharge I applied, and was accepted, for a Vanquis Credit Card with £500 limit. Went with them as they weren't a creditor pre BR. Although they claim they may increase the limit after 4 months this hasn't happened for me. I only spend necessities on this card and pay off in full every month. I've never missed a payment or only paid the minimum.

I've recently applied for a Capital One Classic Card with 4 months interest free (with option to balance transfer) and again have been accepted with a 750 limit.

Capital One were a creditor that went into my BR.

The limit they've given me is higher than my pre-BR limit but the interest rate is still abismol! However, I only intend to use as I did with Vanquis so no issues with credit limit.

My reasons for applying were I did an eligibility check (no credit check) and was automatically approved pending ID check. This was important as didn't want to be rejected due to being a previous creditor. Also having used C1 before I like their online set up better than Vanquis. It gives me an additional option should there ever be an emergency (this has caught me out before and having no access to credit can be a nightmare).

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport