P800 2015/16 tax year

Options
harz99
harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
Has anyone received a form P800 in respect of overpaid tax for the 15/16 tax year yet?

I know we still have a few days to go before the end of July, just wondering if the process has started.

Comments

• Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    Some posters on Marriage allowance threads on mse have received them.

Why are you expecting one?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Some posters on Marriage allowance threads on mse have received them.

Why are you expecting one?

Two employer, plus one state pension plus savings interest taxed at source, HMRC owe me a refund as they have in previous years, even with Marriage Allowance.

I'm not in SA.

As I said, just wondering so thanks for your comment, I'll wait a few days more until middle of next week and then call them if nothing has turned up by then.
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Two employer, plus one state pension plus savings interest taxed at source, HMRC owe me a refund as they have in previous years, even with Marriage Allowance.

I'm not in SA.

As I said, just wondering so thanks for your comment, I'll wait a few days more until middle of next week and then call them if nothing has turned up by then.

Wouldn't they have sent you the calculation and refund when you told them about your savings interest figures for year to 05.04.2016?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why don't you write in with all relevant enclosures and ask for a review of your tax liability in 2015/16 -rather than waiting for HMRC to get round to your tax affair?. That is what I have always done for my clients.

At least you have got the ball rolling!
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    It now mentions September on HMRCs website but it also seems as though money can now go in your bank direct without the faff of banking a cheque :D

https://www.gov.uk/claim-tax-refund/too-much-tax-taken-from-your-pay
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I phones them and received a P800 about a week later, then followed their instruction and I should shortly be receiving my tax refund.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • janetannhd
    Options
    I got p800 2 days ago , said i could claim my refund online, but then when i did the system didn't recognize my bank details... but every week my tax credits and child benefit get paid to the same account, plus they verified my identity when i signed up to see my gov.uk account. was told when i called up to use a different account which i dont have) or wait upto 45 days for a cheque that will them take several day to clear as well. has anyone else experienced this?
    Jj:beer:)
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    janetannhd

I think you've misunderstood something or the HMRC are wrong.

If you look at the HMRC rules there is no mention of having to wait 45 days. If you are having problems with your bank account then you can just ask the HMRC to post a cheque out to you now, no need to wait.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/paye-manual/paye91037
  • articulated
    Options
    HOWMUCH wrote: »
    I phones them and received a P800 about a week later, then followed their instruction and I should shortly be receiving my tax refund.
    Did you get your refund yet?

I applied online on Saturday after receiving my P800 saying I was owed a refund and it's saying they are processing it when I log in. Not sure when to expect payment as this is the first time I've needed a refund :)
  • xnoxxnox
    xnoxxnox Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got my refund last week. It's been 4 months of me writing to them back-n-worth sorting out missing documentation / figures. I got paid into my "bank account" which on the bank statement appeared as a cheque deposit.... So in practice they mail the cheque to you, or your bank / building society. And it still took a few days to clear to get added to my "available balance".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure