Help needed with birthday 30th gift

Options
Hi everyone
Help needed please my friend at work is turning 30 next week and I want to get her something nice ,but I'm lost what to get her.
She's is more a person who likes thoughtful gifts as she has the money to buy most things herself . We have worked together for two years but I don't have many photos of us or I would make her an album .
So I thought I could make her a hamper? I'm sure there was lots of threads on this before but I cannot find them now can anyone point me in the right direction ?
Thankyou for your time :)
bg

Comments

• Cherry24
    Cherry24 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    For my friends 30th, I did a hamper with tags on each present with a momentous occasion that happened in that year.

For example, I gave her one of those Lionel Richie 'Is it tea you're looking for?' mugs with a tag saying 'Lionel Richie sang in closing ceremony of the Los Angeles Olympic Games (with the date)'.
    Another example was 'Various artists recorded do they know its Christmas in aid of charity (again with the date)' and then put in a charity gift.

You can make it as pricey or as budget as you like since so many things happen in each year. I added about 6 gifts.
    I'm also doing one for my OH's mums 60th. With both, I've worked in presents that I know they would like that corresponded with something that occurred that year (really, you can pretty much make anything fit).

I got the idea from pinterest but unfortunately can't find the link to the original blog post.
  • FieryAngel
    Options
    Hi bg

Here's the link to the Christmas hamper page http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5051937

Don't worry though, there are plenty of hamper ideas that aren't Christmas themed (most in fact) but are based around people likes such as a 'just add ice cream' hamper, a coffee one, a pamper one, girls night in, movie night etc. There's loads of really good ideas on there, including where best to buy baskets etc from :)

Hope that helps and good luck!
  • Cherry24
    Cherry24 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd add, I've located the blog entry that I was talking about in my earlier post http://clarinascontemplations.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/60th-birthday-present-its-arrived-at.html
  • Calcat
    Calcat Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    How about building a hamper round her favourite colour. Eg if it was purple you could get

purple socks
    purple nail polish
    lavender bath bomb
    Dairy milk chocolate (purple wrappers :) )
    Parma violets
    Purple soft toy
    Bottle of wine with purple label
    purple glass or clear one with purple straw

Basically anything with wrapping or labels in your chosen colour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure