Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Both Blind Pig and Optiwell show on the website that I can claim again on CS. Very odd but I am not complaining! I agree it is a faff!

Have they definitely processed from last time for you?

I am not sure when they update.

Anon
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Whatever bubbs is on I want some too :rotfl:

Why is di an angel. What have I missed :eek:

Also, how do know if you can fit £10 worth of petrol in the car. I have a ford focus 1.6 and it just about gone down to the first notch on the petrol dial. Whats the betting I would get £9.99 worth of petrol in :rotfl:

So buy a bar of chocolate :rotfl:
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Whatever bubbs is on I want some too :rotfl:

Why is di an angel. What have I missed :eek:

Also, how do know if you can fit £10 worth of petrol in the car. I have a ford focus 1.6 and it just about gone down to the first notch on the petrol dial. Whats the betting I would get £9.99 worth of petrol in :rotfl:

I recon thats a good £14-18 worth
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Have they definitely processed from last time for you?

I am not sure when they update.

Anon

Yes. It's bizarre.
  • Anon
    edited 15 October 2016 at 3:20PM
    Options
    Felt as if I was in a parallel universe in S this morning. Went in with vouchers which worked together and gave me 1000 points when I spent £20 -- found a lovely jumper in my colours which definitely fits! Voucher for 1000 points so if I can double up, that will be free. Also 200 extra points wys £10. Would be rude not to go in again...

Then to petrol. Spent £40. Ended up with another 5,500 points.

So I spent £60 and got 7,500 points, plus bonus points for swiping the right number of times should happen. Even if I don't manage to double up, that is not to be sneezed at! Does S know what it is doing?!

Do they know what they are doing? Possibly - shifting stock and boosting sales figure on the accounts :D.

Most muggles will just buy as normal and not break up their shop, forget to add to their card or then not spend them anyway. So a calculated risk really.

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    Yes. It's bizarre.

They do repeats sometimes so take advantage while you can :).

Anon
  • Picasso7
    Options
    Do they know what they are doing? Possibly - shifting stock and boosting sales figure on the accounts :D.

Most muggkes will just buy as normal and not break up their shop, forget to add to their card or then not spend them anyway. So a calculated risk really.

Anon

I had to laugh this morning. Told my brothers about this and knew they would think it wasn't worth it. So I sent messages telling them about each £10 spend. Sudden interest!! One lives just round the corner from S too.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    They do repeats sometimes so take advantage while you can :).

Anon

I will. Am going to hit Tesco before the end of the day if Mum not totally exhausted!
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Just come in from tortoise roll call :)
    You would think they would be considering hibernation now?
    No... Usually they have separate gardens to avoid any shenanigans involving pregnancies...
    But as they are now together in the large greenhouse as the next step towards hibernation. They are at it :eek::eek::eek: no sleepy males :o:o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ordered....again!

I did order from the last link a few days before I went on hols but despite a dispatch note it still hasn't arrived and the listing has been changed since it went up - it did say UK seller and dispatch but now says coming from China and with a Royal Mail tracking code that means jeff all. I shall be having words with eBay :mad:
    bubbs wrote: »
    I did say about all these people ordering from there , some sellers had pre sold near on 2,000 think alot are going to be disappointed :(

Afternoon luvlies, posting from sunny Spain. Good luck to all of you who are playing the S game, hopefully I'll catch this next time round.

Re the speak out game, been trying for ages to get uk stock but had to turn to the bay to get one with a 3 week lead time from china. Alas it was a fake, even had the cheek to put Hasbro in the title, my foot - it was cheap tat. Had to report the seller as didn't want anyone giving a game to a child for Crimbo which didn't meet uk trading standards especially as those guards have to go in the mouth. Never had to do that before but feel I can sleep sounder now for speaking up :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport