Newbie - BR form question.

Options
Jackuk
Jackuk Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 21 November 2017 at 2:04PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Hello. I'm sorry to bombard you with two questions on my first visit to this forum, however, i don't really know where to turn to. I have been told by Stepchange to contact the insolvency service on 0300 678 0015 if I have any questions about filling out the form. However, I have just called them and was told they could not help me with filling out the form. So, i hope you don't mind me asking on here. =)

I am currently filling out the BR form online and i'm stuck at No 5: Money you owe.
One of my debts I owe is £1,298 in council tax. Two weeks ago I received an enforcement letter through my sisters door (Where I was previously staying) Saying
"ENFORCMENT NOTICE:
i Have called today to execute a liability Order issued to us by our Client Bristol City council. I am authorised by the court to remove your goods/vehicle to satisfy the outstanding balance. If you fail to contact me immediately by the return I will have no alternative but to re-attend your property to remove your goods for sale".
I have contacted this Enforcement Officer and stated that I do not live at that address any longer and i'm classed as a vulnerable adult due to my PTSD, severe Depression and Asperger syndrome. While i'm not sure if he's going to return to my sisters house suddenly, he has not been let into the property at this point and has not looked at any of my assets as I do not have any there or anywhere for that matter.

I have added this debt to the form, however, it then asks:
"We need to know if any of your creditors have recently taken formal action against you.
Formal action means that they:
currently have an attachment of earnings order against you
have taken control of any of your assets in the last 6 months (including via a bailiff or enforcement officer)"

While I am tempted to put the latter they haven't exactly taken control of any of my assets. Should I click Yes on this or No?

My second and last question is a strange one. My only income is ESA which is paid directly into my sisters account which I transfer it to my friends spare debit account.
The reason I do this is
1: Both my accounts are in debt and my ESA money would just get swallowed up.
2: They're trying to help me budget my money while giving me an account to buy food with, pay bills etc.

I have listed both MY accounts but i'm slightly worried that the OR will not be able to see where my ESA is being paid into and will reject the bankruptcy form/will make it sound like i'm upto something dodgy/will sound like i'm trying to hide my money. Is there anyway I can list this on the online form? I was told there would be an area where I could explain my situation but I get the feeling there is not.

Any ideas? ANY help would be welcomed with open arms. Thank you. Jack K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure