Fraudulent use of my bank account

Options
Hi
I hope this is the right forum if not plz feel free to move.

My bank account has been used fraudulently to the princely sum of £185 this has been reported to the bank who cancelled my card and the case has been passed to the banks fraud team,i contacted them to find out how long this is likely to take and also about me getting my money back,they just said they are very busy and would send out a form for me to fill in.

What I'd like to know,is there a time limit that they have to work to,and how can i get my money back.

All help much appreciated

Comments

• naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think there is a time limit. The bank would investigate and most likely refund the money.
    You didnt state how the fraud occured
  • asamson
    asamson Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Naijapower

Hi thanx for your reply. I'm not totally sure how it occurred but someone has had my card details from somewhere.

The only hope i have is that its sorted quickly and i get my money back as i or indeed no-one can really absorb a £185 loss.

The good thing being is whoever has done this has paid a utility bill and ordered stationary online,if the fraud team have owt about them this can be quite quickly sewn up.
  • katiemabe
    Options
    Can anyone help with a problem i have, i am new to this website so not sure if i am posting in the right place. I did an online shop with Tesco.com, they have said they have not received the money, my bank (Natwest) confirmed the amount has been debited from my account, they gave me an authorisation code and time the transaction was made, Tesco are denying they have received the money. I have spent two days on the phone to both tesco.com and natwest and neither are helping me, it is incredibly frustrating, someone has my money, it is somewhere. any ideas?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    katiemabe - if both Tesco and NatWest are correct in their statements, I can only assume the money has been wrongly credited to someone else's account, or possibly another Tesco account.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Yumila
    Yumila Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there, I hope someone could help me with my problem. (sorry if this is the wrong forum for this). I have a sent a chq from my business acc (natwest) to another company from which I am purchasing some stock. The money was put into the other companies acc over 1 month ago and they have told me that they have recieved it. However they are the agent and have sent the chq off to their supplier and now I find out that the supplier is out of business but they have taken and cashed the chq. So now I am out of pocket and have no stock to show for it. Does anyone know if there is anyway that I can recall the chq ?
  • happy1982
    happy1982 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    No time limit at all they take as long as they want )-:
    2 Weeks In Spain! Benitachell Villas Yay :j
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yumila wrote: »
    Hi there, I hope someone could help me with my problem. (sorry if this is the wrong forum for this). I have a sent a chq from my business acc (natwest) to another company from which I am purchasing some stock. The money was put into the other companies acc over 1 month ago and they have told me that they have recieved it. However they are the agent and have sent the chq off to their supplier and now I find out that the supplier is out of business but they have taken and cashed the chq. So now I am out of pocket and have no stock to show for it. Does anyone know if there is anyway that I can recall the chq ?
    It sounds like your contract is with the agent, rather than the supplier, so they are liable to either providing you with the purchases, or refunding your money. You need to check your paperwork and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure