PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Ramekins

Options
I have a pudding recipe I'd like to try that requires ramekins, which I don't own. I'd rather not buy a set just for this, and was wondering if anyone could offer an alternative that I might already have?

Thank you
2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:

Comments

• jennyo
    jennyo Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    sorry I don't know an alternitive, but they have packs of three in the pound shop if you have one near, or ask round if you can borrow some.
    Debt Free Dec 2009
    non-smoker 19th Nov 2010
    Trying to lose weight 40lb/42lb

• rej-c
    rej-c Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    It depends if they need baking or not. If it's a chilled pudding, I'd use coffee or tea cups - they might also be good if it's a pudding that can be microwaved; if it's for baking in the oven, I might try small cans, like small baked bean tins or even [very well washed and de-smelled!] tuna-type tins, as some people use them for baking individual Christmas cake-type things very successfully.

Hope you find something that works :)
    Haven't done the GC since February, but a glance at the Tower of Receipts tells me I really need to get back into it... and plenty of other Challenges besides. :o
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    They need baking, yes. Not a chance of finding a tuna tin in my house though; eww!
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If you have a set of round cutters they could be used on a baking tray, lined with foil perhaps??
    I'd probably just use the mixture in a larger bowl and scoop out individual servings!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Marks and Spencer puddings often come with ceramic ramekin dishes. I kept them for a while and then had to bin them through lack of space and need. Try on freecycle, I am sure you will be offered a good few that way.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family