Why am I still paying the CSA after case has closed?

Options
My case closed 2 years ago due to the CSA no longer handling them, just before it closed I had arrears and my regular monthly payments so I paid off my arrears and set up a standing order for my regular monthly payments to the CSA. In October 2015 the case closed and I had a letter saying it will be up to the parents to open a new one with the CMS but my standing order is still coming out my bank 2 years later going to CSA. No case has been opened with the CMS. I don’t think the PWC is interested in the money as the monthly payments are minimal as I don’t earn much. I tried contacting CSA but they refused to speak to my As I failed security questions of when I last received a letter and I didn’t know. Can I cancel the standing order that is being paid to the CSA or should I continue paying it even though I have the letter saying the case has been closed? Thanks for any help

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Confused, you wrote that you paid off the arrears, so what was the standing order for?
    I'm not sure why others don't get them, but I and my friends who have cases with them always recieived annual statements.
    Fortunately for me the case closed cleanly with no arrears.
  • Moneysaver1506
    Options
    I hadn’t made any payments for a while and had £300 in arrears, so I payed that over the phone and they asked me to set up a standing order to continue my usual monthly payments as their was no DD or standing order set up to make regular monthly payment . The standing order is not for arrears it is for monthly payments they worked out what I should pay. A few months after they worked that out I got one of the case closing letters everybody was receiving. But since the case has ended maybe I have to cancel the standing order myself rather than it be automatically cancelled?
  • Topcat1982
    Options
    If it's standing order you have to cancel yourself. They can't do it.
  • Miss_Angela
    Options
    I would cancel it, they will get in touch straight away if there is a problem, and they will make sure you pass the security questions then ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure