PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezer inventory

Options
Hi, I was wondering how everyone keeps an eye on there freezer stock ? I normally just write a running list, and then cross off when I use something, and add new items to the end of the list, but this doesn't seem very organised as gets messy. I don't really use my laptop that much so would rather keep something written and in the kitchen, else I'll end up forgetting to add or cross something off.
Think it would be better too, to have sections, like meat, veg, bread etc rather than just one long jumbled list!
Any suggestions would be great 😊
One day I will live in a cabin in the woods

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    Options
    Hi,

I just googled 'freezer inventory' and it comes up with loads of ideas for lists and forms, also apps for your phone, try it.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    https://www.organizedhomes.com/printable/household-notebook/pantry-inventory
    Been using this for years. Every now and then you need a new version but it's a good system.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • betterlife
    Options
    Thank you both ��
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sticking to it will be the next test OP.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet. Each freezer drawer has two columns, one for the name of the item, the 2nd for how much/many there are in the drawer.
    So a total of eight columns used for a 4-drawer freezer.
    I keep each drawer listed in alphabetical order, for ease of use, and alter the sheet religiously when I use something or when I put something in.
    I don't bother printing it out, it's on a USB flash drive, filed alongside the meal plan.
    I have a similar spreadsheet for the food cupboard.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you do a chalkboard? Divide into columns then add/take away when necessary. Saves constant crossing out and replacing.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IKEA sell small carrier bags made out of material that fold up into a small pouch and they have quite a few colors.

We have a large chest freezer and find that putting the different categories of food into different color bags makes it a lot easier to find whatever it is we are looking for.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure