New TD SIPP at £100+vat?

Options
Hi,

Just wondering what people think of the New TD SIPP at £100 +vat?

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/td-sipp
https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/rates-and-charges/new-sipp-rates

I have a dormant £120k SIPP invested in a VLS fund on AJ Bell and was looking to move to Interactive Investor at £96+80 per annum (inc 2 trades a quarter). I know they offer a free ISA/JISA but I wouldn't want too much money in the same platform. I also don't plan to make future contributions so would only use the first use the trade credit for the initial investment.

So basically with £120k at 100+vat per year I could have a SIPP at 0.10% platform cost (and reducing if the fund grows) with a simple fee structure - surely this is too good to be true?

Do you think this is a temporary offer while TD remove AJ Bell as their custodian before they move accounts into the more complicated and expensive Interactive Investor product?

Alex

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Actually scrap that it was too good to be true - they charge extra for funds as such Interactive Investor is better.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 August 2017 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Or maybe Halifax Share Dealing with a simpler £45 per quarter (£180) with a £60 transfer in charge (compared to Interactive Investor £50+vat transfer in charge)? I guess transfer might go better given Halifax also use AJ Bell. Any thoughts appreciated...
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    Or maybe Halifax Share Dealing with a simpler £45 per quarter (£180) with a £60 transfer in charge (compared to Interactive Investor £50+vat transfer in charge)? I guess transfer might go better given Halifax also use AJ Bell. Any thoughts appreciated...

I've got a sipp with hsd and it's been fine, transferred in an old employer DC scheme.

Very bare bones but I don't trade much if at all, and reasonable range of general funds for my needs.

To be honest I have a separate employer scheme currently, another sipp for smaller transactions and isa and unwrapped portfolios elsewhere so tend to review everyone in trustnet and tweak and rebalance elsewhere on new comtributions
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    X-O Sipp has no annual management fees. Also they'll refund the transfer in fee charge.

Downside is they don't offer funds. Shares, Corporate Bonds, Gilts, ETF's and Investment Trusts are available though.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    X-O Sipp has no annual management fees. Also they'll refund the transfer in fee charge.

Downside is they don't offer funds. Shares, Corporate Bonds, Gilts, ETF's and Investment Trusts are available though.

Looks like £99 + VAT to me?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TBC15 wrote: »
    Looks like £99 + VAT to me?

Gets refunded as long as a trading account is maintained with Jarvis Securities.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure