PeoplePerHour... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options
This is a special discussion as part of the

article, all about
Working for PeoplePerHour
which is part of the Work part-time from home section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions
Just click reply
Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think their "talent scout" feature is likely to be understood. Most people would think it's someone looking for a freelancer which will lead to more work elsewhere. Not someone whose using a Peopleperhour in-house person to a find a freelancer because they are unsure what to look for.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used to use it back in the day & really liked it. I freelanced on there offering aco!!!!ancy & business plan writing services.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • T.D_2
    Options
    I would like some advice on where to get into some freelance work! My speciality and work experience is in selection of apprentices, so interviewing and getting young people interview ready for job interviews they may have as well as helping with their cv's! Is there anything around for this kind of freelance work or any advice anyone can give! I am currently on maternity leave and looking at redundancy upon my return in November!

Thank you!!
  • Emma851
    Emma851 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I think Peopleperhour is pretty good compared to other websites in the same niche. I feel like the admins and customer service team are more "on the ball" than other websites such as freelancer or Upwork. But maybe it's just me...
  • AndrewAfresh2
    Options
    Do you think PPH would be good to find someone to check in & out guests at a holiday rental if I'm not available? Thank you
  • phoneguy
    phoneguy Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    It's a great site. I've worked on there and I regularly hire people from there. Mostly writers, social media bobs and researchers.

I've had a very BAD experience on all fronts with eLance(Upwork) & Freelancer. Problems you just don't get with PeoplePerHour.
  • RealGem
    RealGem Posts: 569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you think PPH would be good to find someone to check in & out guests at a holiday rental if I'm not available? Thank you

No, PPH work from home.
    Look at it this way... In a hundred years who's gonna care?
  • Scaryscouse1
    Options
    Not all people on PPH work from home.
  • Scaryscouse1
    Options
    Yes, I think this would work as long as you specify that they need to physically visit the property. I would certainly do this to earn some extra income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure