PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Advice on DIY Lipbalms

Options
I decided to make lipbalm as little Xmas gifts. I already have shea butter and coconut oil and I had some soy wax that I looked up and I could use instead of bees wax.

I have ordered the tubes and they should arrive tomorrow.

I have played around with it and made some up to test it and added a bit of peppermint. Only thing is now it's set it seems a bit soft.

And ideas what I add more or less of to make it a bit firmer?
Recently married and loving it x

Comments

• nightsky224
    Options
  • superpup
    superpup Posts: 571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think beeswax is the ingredient that makes it firmer but if you don't want to use it I'm not sure what else you could use. Maybe google for alternatives?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Increase the proportion of soy wax.

Or replace tubes with little pots, whichever is easier for you.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • nightsky224
    Options
    Thank you I'll add more soy wax, I have orders the tubes so think best to see if I can get that to work esp as I have ordered 50!!

I'm only using the soy wax as I already have some, would of gone for bees wax otherwise
  • nightsky224
    Options
    Just an update I just couldn't get it to work with the soy wax. I would of needed to buy tins but was really keen on tubes. So I bought some bees wax and it turned out really well. Very pleased. Going to make nice table presents 👍
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Increase the proportion of soy wax.

Or replace tubes with little pots, whichever is easier for you.

I have sometimes made lip balm and I put it in pots (so they are glass with metal lid) - so would use this recipe, but wouldnt use tubes (because they're plastic).

I've found the little pots that sorta "sample size" jams come in to be a good size to use. So one can either recycle them or I know the Body Shop certainly used to sell similar ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure