Company not paying wages

Options
Can anyone help,
My other half has been doing some work for a company called armex, He is a plasterer, they owe him 13 days pay,whenever we get in touch they say the cheque is in the post, this has been going on for the past 2 or so weeks putting us in great difficulty having 3 children to feed. The person that signs the cheques is who we are talking to.
I contacted him today to say the money still had not arrived and that i wanted to pick the cheque up, well he is out of the area! So he gave me his brothers number saying i cant understand whats happened, give ? a call and arrange to meet him to collect money.
Well he is not answering his phone, have left messages, nothing, my question is what can we do,i dont think that they are going to pay up and we need that money to live on rent ect.
Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

cheers
Hayley :beer:

Comments

• C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hayley

im sure someone will be along soon who could help
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send him a letter giving him 7days to pay up or you are taking him to an employment tribunal.Keep a copy of the letter you send.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    If he is self employed then I wouldnt have thought that an employment tribunal will be much good - rather the small claims court - depending on the amount that is owed.

He would be best getting some advice from ACAS to see what they can advise for his situation.
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry misread your post.I agree ACAS would be helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure