urgent help with CCJ

Options
Hi all

Thanks for reading got a major issue. My mother had a claim pack that was filled in and sent back. The company wanted us to fill in one of their forms which we did not have to do. Now we have a CCJ that is saying that we did not file anything when we posted the claim form. One bouns in all this is that we have a letter from this lot that has on it that they have got the claim form. What do we do now.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2015 at 2:08PM
    Options
    You sure you filled in all the court form properly?

Contact the solicitor and ask why they they refused to comply with their duty under the rules to refer your offer to the courts. Tell them you will be contacting the court to inform them that the solicitors falsely and fraudulently applied for a default judgement claiming you had not replied when in fact you had. Tell them you will be reporting them to the court and solicitors regulation authority for misconduct and deceptive practices.

This is an old trick. They pretend you didnt reply to get a default judgement.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,884 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rizla_king wrote: »
    You sure you filled in all the court form properly?

Contact the solicitor and ask why they they refused to comply with their duty under the rules to refer your offer to the courts. Tell them you will be contacting the court to inform them that the solicitors falsely and fraudulently applied for a default judgement claiming you had not replied when in fact you had. Tell them you will be reporting them to the court and solicitors regulation authority for misconduct and deceptive practices.

This is an old trick. They pretend you didnt reply to get a default judgement.

It appears this "trick" has been used frequently, as a lot of posters to this forum have said they replied to the court papers, but still received judgement in default, now one or two may get lost in the post, but i cant accept that is always the case.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Yes frequently used by the more scumbag solicitors.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's usually best to do a defence or a part defence (online if you have the option).

That way the claimant isn't involved and nothing gets 'lost in the post'

You may be able to get a redetermination hearing

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=33633191&postcount=2
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Seen this time and time before... :(

As said, complain, and try to get the court to redetermine or vary the judgement.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure