Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Missli wrote: »
    That's brilliant bubbs. No wonder it's so popular. I'm really looking forward to it now. Got some new summer dresses I need to squeeze into. :D

Thankyou, i have not gone hungry at all, but i am also low carbing as diabetic
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    1 lb off tonight. Bit peeved as would of liked to get back below what I was before the other weeks gain but still it's a loss.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    1 lb off tonight. Bit peeved as would of liked to get back below what I was before the other weeks gain but still it's a loss.

:T:T:T well done a 1lb is a 1lb;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 April 2017 at 3:01AM
    Options
    Today's menu:

Snack before going out briefly:1 pear

Brunch: 1 sl wholemeal toast (HEB),Flora light (1 syn),Marmite,
    an orange

Tea: ratatouille: corgettes,garlic,orange pepper,onion,tinned tomato,also a couple of squirts of tomato paste,which made it a bit richer-tasting than yesterday's effort.Still wonder if it is missing something thinking.gif.
    Served with SW chips and roast butternut squash (free).

Dessert: meringue (3 syns) with 0percent yoghurt,raspberries,strawberries,and passionfruit.Nonm nom nom

Skimmed milk for HEA used in cups of tea

1/2 hour brisk walking for body magic
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone I am a bit late posting my menu for Wednesday but, here it is.

Breakfast.. bacon sandwich B mixed berries

Lunch..jacket potato cheese A and beans , salad. Banana.

Dinner... sausage 4 syns mash, peas haricot beans. Pear.
    Extra.. f f yoghurt. Jelly 0.5 syns. 2 crispbreads / butter 5 syns
    9.5 syns.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Determined to have a really good week this week, with no self sabotaging.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - miso noodles
    Lunch - lamb salad
    Dinner - Speedy risotto
    Snack - Apple, strawberries, Skips

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - none :(

Syns - miso (1/2), salad dressing (1/2), Skips (4.5)
    Zebras rock
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely day here today, but so far very quiet.

Sorry to hear about your work colleague harassing you online Lush; it amazes me how nasty people can be when they're cloaked in anonymity, but for someone to do it when they work with you beggars belief. I would definitely go to your GP about the anxiety, it's a recognised condition nowadays and there are things that can be done.

Missli - welcome to the thread. Going to group is ok, we always have a laugh at the group I go to and you can learn a lot from other people. It's nice to have a couple of hours just to have a cuppa and a chat. When you first go it seems like everyone is with friends, but I always pick out someone who's on their own and chat to them until weighing is finished. A good ice breaker is always 'how did you get on this week'.

Shiprob - what a great loss after being away for a few days. :T And well done Bubbs, 1st 3 in 3 weeks, brilliant progress. :T

Saver-upper - did you add a stock cube to your ratatouille? That would improve the flavour. I also add chopped aubergine, which doesn't have much flavour but I think it improves the texture. I've got an aubergine in the fridge at the moment, intended for ratatouille, but our (small) Morrison's didn't have any courgettes or peppers yesterday! ::cool: I also had BNS on my list to make some soup but they didn't have any of those either. :cool:

I seem to have a cupboard full of low syn treats at the moment - I think it's because I haven't been eating them in Spain and suddenly we can have 'banoffee pie' with caramel snackajacks, and 'eton mess' with meringue nests. Trouble is, they're eating into my wine syns bank :rotfl: Morrison's had masses of Crème eggs and Malteaster bunnies reduced to 30p yesterday too - I can't stand Crème eggs but I did buy some bunnies thinking they wouldn't be many syns but was shocked to discover they're 8 syns each. I did wonder if they sell a bigger one, but no, I have the 8 syn ones. :rotfl:
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Determined to have a really good week this week, with no self sabotaging.

Me too - and we can do it!

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Saver upper - you could try a splash of red wine vinegar as that often "lifts" a dish. I heard about it on TV from one of the chefs on a cookery show (can't remember which one). Apparently it really lifts a spag bol as well. Haven't tried it yet but will definitely be trying it next time I cook mince (even if it's not a spag bol, LOL).

Today's plan needs to be very low syn as have used nearly all my syns this week but that's OK as it's WI tomorrow morning!

B - scrambled eggs with spinach on toast (HEB)
    L - sweet potato jacket; tuna mayo (1 syn for LTL mayo)' salad
    D - sausages (1 syn); mash; cabbage; peas; syn free onion gravy (have some LO red wine stock in fridge to use up - made with a Tesco red wine stockpot)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - mayo 1; sausages 1

Denise
  • gingerfurball
    gingerfurball Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2017 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Morning all - got the grandbabies (Esme 7 and Harrison 4) in at work this morning as I'm grand-parenting as mum and dad are away today...they're good as gold - well I'm slacking slightly and have given them both an ipad lol.

Had a good day yesterday - hoping for the same today...

B: same as yesterday - two eggs, 3 bacon medallions and 3 roasted plum toms
    L: salad with lettuce, grated carrot, tomatoes, pickled onions, beetroot and a chicken supreme mix made up of chopped up chicken, peppers and LTL mayo - 1 syn in total as I used 3 tablespoons for the mix and it made up two portions
    D: going to make a curry - probably the korma out of the curry book, with rice and 1/3 plate green beans
    HEa milk in tea...HEb to be decided - syns...dunno lol!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back from my Easter break. I haven't really read back but I did notice shiprob had a good loss!:T and :Tto anyone else who's done well over the holiday.

My weekend wasn't totally off plan. Hotel breakfasts (fruit, toast, egg, beans ,bacon, mushrooms) were fine although bread may have been just brown and there's always some oil. I had a couple of JP lunches and some steak and salad but I had lots of off plan stuff too including very many wine syns:D.

When we got back last night, it was a relief to have SW friendly Bolognese from the freezer. Today I'm getting stuff together from the freezer/cupboards as I don't want to do a shop yet. It's a bit low on syns but it's a good start to getting back on plan.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: baked haddock, mash, onions, carrots, peas, celery
    Syns: squirt of syrup
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts