Where's the best chippy?

Options

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    GlynD wrote: »
    We've been hunting down good fish and chip shops but by God they're hard to find. So far we've managed to find:

Moloneys, Flush Place, Lurgan and Burger Stop, Church Place, Lurgan. A bit far for us but well worth the drive.

McCann's, Dungannon Road, Portadown. Again a bit far for us but well worth it. You get massive crowds in the place.

The main problem with these distances is getting the fish suppers to stay hot until you get home.

Cleopatra's, Portadown Road, Tandragee. Closer to us and every bit as good as the three above.

What have you got where you live? Would it be worth our while to drive over there just for a fish supper?

AGs in Magheralin
    http://www.lurganonline.co.uk/fullinfo.php?listingid=44
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    With you on Cleopatras, Tandragee. Great chips - though it lost something when Mohammed left. :(

I didn't even know Mohammed was ever there. Funny enough we had two fish suppers from Cleopatra's tonight, that's what started my train of thought off on this, when we decided to do so. Great chips and lovely fish but I'd say the fish in Burger Stop is better.
    Old_Git wrote: »

Ok, I know that place. Must try it some night.
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    Ticked wrote: »
    Yes, excellent. As is the Captains Table in Donaghadee, John Macs in Newcastle and John Dorys in Lisburn. And lots more!
    Captain's Table has a For Sale sign up:(
  • Ticked
    Ticked Posts: 515 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Captain's Table has a For Sale sign up:(

That's disappointing. It's long been a favourite of ours, excellent fish and chips. Maybe new owners will keep the standard high, hope so!
  • tommie
    tommie Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SuperFry (joe burns), Scarva Street, Banbridge,

eat them outta the brown paper :tongue:
  • cliffsgirl
    Options
    Mortons Ballycastle is fantastic
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GlynD wrote: »
    I didn't even know Mohammed was ever there. Funny enough we had two fish suppers from Cleopatra's tonight, that's what started my train of thought off on this, when we decided to do so. Great chips and lovely fish but I'd say the fish in Burger Stop is better.

I suspect he was "a" mohammed, not "The" Mohammed.

He was the guy who opened it. Was there for several years. Sold up and moved to spain from memory.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    eastlady wrote: »
    In Belfast we don't do chippys ,we do the 5* Mourne Seafood Bar.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I dunno, the Mourne Seafood Van next to the Nomadic is pretty much a chippy. ( admittedly one which sells salt and chilli squid)...
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cliffsgirl wrote: »
    Mortons Ballycastle is fantastic

Got to agree there

Flash in the pan in Ballymoney is good as well. As is the chicken and chip place in ballymena. Maureen's in ballymena does a mean chip as well
  • Golden_Anemone
    Options
    Johnny Longs in Belfast
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills