PS4 Games up to the mark yet?

Options

Comments

• StrugglingYouth
    Options
    woody2234 wrote: »
    For PS4 people the big games are coming which are Star Wars Battlefront 2015 in November 2015 and Uncharted 4 in 2016 and Gran Turismo 7 in 2016 and they will not be on PS3

And this is precisely the reason I will buy a PS4 before November!
    Sealed Pot Challenge:
    2014 = £202
    2015 = £382
  • Evangelion
    Options
    Bloodborne is vital.
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    thor wrote: »
    When the PS4 was launched, the consensus was that there wasn't a game around which was really worthy of it. Does anyone think that this situation has changed a year or two down the line?

Bought ps4 few weeks back with GTA v

Couldn't tell the difference
    It also lacked media support
    Sold it on eBay

Im back using my ps3

Giving ps4 another year to improve gaming, include media support, reduce size (slim version)
    Also anticipate backward comparability to play my ps3 games
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Games on the PS4 and xbox one definitely look better than the same game on the previous gen consoles. There is much more detail in GTA5 and if you had it side by side you would notice it. Assassins Creed Unity looks lovely, the detail on screen is fantastic.

Personally I think the xbox one has better exclusives than the PS4 and it has better media support (and MS are doing monthly updates with new features and fixes) but both consoles are a step up from the previous gen and the gap will only grow as time goes by. DX12 is out on the xbox one at the end of the year which should hopefully see resolution/FPS improvements as it will make more efficient use of graphics processing. PS4 will also do their equivalent to DX12 and both consoles will push on further. Look at the first round of games on the 360/PS3 and look what they ended up like years later.
  • woody2234
    woody2234 Posts: 414 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You want the future of gaming well the Virtuix Omni for $699 plus you need to buy the Oculus rift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTtfAQEeAJI
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
  • chplaya
    Options
    I find the new version much better
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chplaya wrote: »
    I find the new version much better

New version of what ?

PS4
    Xbox One
  • robthomas88
    robthomas88 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    PS4 has been racking up much better games lately. Like all consoles it takes a while for them to get into their stride and the bigger games are the longer they take to develop so we never get a lot upon launch. Uncharted 4 is one that stands out for me, great story, acting, gameplay, graphics, hits every mark.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Uncharted 4 is good but the game I have enjoyed The most is rise of the tomb raider.
  • emperorstevee
    Options
    I have a PS4. I too realised that for several years there really was nothing new with the new gen console games. Everything was the same, including the graphics. However, I think the PS4 has reached the point in its life where it's really upping its quality. The producers of consoles really stagger their technology, milking a console for six years, and then releasing a slightly improved console. Within each console there is a staggering too. And for the last 3 years the PS4 has done this a lot. The CoDs were the same, and the lego, fallout etc. I was really annoyed. But now, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil Biohazard, Horizon Zero Dawn, (I liked The Division), and other awesome games are available. It may just be I'm getting older and have seen everything. But certainly by the end of next year I think the PS4 will have a load of good and affordable games. (Crash Bandicoot!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure