Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 6:13PM
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I may have got my head round this :rotfl:

I have a new phone, pick up on Tuesday , another Visa card and I just need to register card. But no phone time ?

I am sure you are gifted with patience as you have been so helpful :A

Thanks

“No phone time” - you mean minutes/texts/data? No that is not needed on the donor phone, just a WiFi connection to register the Droid Pay account.

You will need a data connection/WiFi when using the app for the envelopes to open though.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thanks. So to the right of the keys, if there's no contactless sign is there something else to indicate something's under the plastic?

I'm beginning to think I won't be able to find a compatible atm, looked in town today and they all looked like my previous photo.

Could anyone post a pic of a 'right' atm?

Your picture looked identical to the ATam I was just at - nothing to the right of the keypad to indicate that was where the contactless was, but on screen there was a message about contactless so I knew I was in the right place :D. If it works, a message comes up on the ATM screen about inserting your card (and your phone Droid envelope animation starts - plus a beep!).

They even have free WiFi at San so connect to that to save your data/recent issues opening the envelopes :).

HTH

Anon
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Thread must be soooo dull for those on Apple with all these non-stop Q's on AP.
  • Anon
    Options
    newbie1980 wrote: »
    Do you have a barclays card

i have halifax on my AP and when i scanned the barclays Contactless it said not recognised here

I had the same error with both HesBC and NWide cards - no envelopes opening on those machines, just the error message on my phone. Barclay do not work with Droid Pay - they apparently are doing their own thing at the moment (but does work on Apple Pay).

San machine wasn’t fussy :D.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    edited 7 January 2018 at 6:27PM
    Options

Not at all - I use Apple and have bought Droid just to play :D.

It is a shame we didn’t fully understand it early on and how to activate additional accounts, as we could otherwise have potentially won even more :). The HeSBC version would particularly have been great to play for longer.

Anon
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Check your emails for one from Flora Pro-active which includes a £1 MOC - not downloaded mine so I don't know what size, variety or type of MOC it is or its expiry date as yet.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    Anon wrote: »
    “No phone time” - you mean minutes/texts/data? No that is not needed on the donor phone, just a WiFi connection to register the Droid Pay account.

You will need a data connection/WiFi when using the app for the envelopes to open though.

HTH

Anon

Yes thanks
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    :rotfl:

According to the new Boots magazine, dry January is unrealistic, people are better drinking in moderation as in February we binge drink to make up for depriving ourselves all month. :rotfl:

Interesting reading.
    No decent coupons though. :D

Read the same too in Men's health...

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/why-you-shouldnt-do-dry-january?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MNH_N_20180104_DailyUpgrade283&utm_content=na&utm_term=na&HearstNode=06BCB78E722BA0F25EFEAFEBA29360A98806A4BE9817A83F2E1E8A173EBB04B0
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Yep!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    But does it really matter?

If our intention is to be welcoming to newcomers, it does the cause no good to make a dig:o

After all, you and I were once “lurkers” I guess locarr:) Very few people jump straight in:)

Apart from that, I can think of lots of examples where a newcomer has started a post with “I’m a long time lurker, but I might have just found something.........”

I welcome newcomers, always have... :)

Many a time I have defended newbies from some of our pedantic posters who dig out those that make an error.

I was referring to those that only seem to make an appearance when a big glitch is going down and then disappear without adding any value to the thread, they know who they are :)
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    In need of a bit pampering....anyone else opened theirs?:D

57_B0254_F-1305-4_DA7-_BD54-932_AB7_A01_F60.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.