The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I pressed wrong button- sorry 7/24 please

First Icon achieved.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posting early for 7 AF days please.
    I pressed wrong button- sorry 7/24 please

First Icon achieved.

That's great going to have a week done.:T I'll jin you later in the week.:D
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    5/24 AFDs today
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning all. I am hangover free. :D just saying.

And doesn't it feel great!
    I will try my best to forget about the weight issue and concentrate on the alcohol issue for now.. that is more important for me and my family. My friend is a long standing one and I am hopeful she will be supportive. If not - well there isn't much I can do about it as I WILL NOT drink.

I am blown away with the amount of spare money I have in my housekeeping budget over the last 9 days.. (about £50).. oh my word! A combination of no alcohol for me or my husband and the food that I used to eat after a few glasses of wine... So am treating my 3 year old to some winter clothes today.

Money has always been a little tight (hence the reason for me being on this sight in the first place) so its great that I have extra money for the kids without having to budget for them...

The law of unintended consequences, One Day, the money thing. Don't forget to buy something for yourself (and your OH) when you buy the kids what they need. If our lives are all about sacrifice we become insufferable saints - we are allowed to enjoy ourselves!

If you're anything like me, the weight will stop piling on after you stop drinking, because the amount of sugar you've been taking in with the booze will drop dramatically, and we stop indulging the late night munchies. Been there, done that!

I don't think it's vain, Maman. I think taking a bit of pride in the way we look isn't a bad thing at all. Sometimes I rather wish a few more people did ....

8/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • takingonedayatatime
    Options
    Thank you Maman and Honey Bear.

I am looking forward to a haircut and maybe even a manicure in the near future to help with my motivation. In fact I may just book them now for next week!! Why not eh? ;-)

Feeling grumpy today but still determined not to drink.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

8/31 please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,327 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hey all, I have had a lovely trip away, back now and back in the saddle tomorrow, looking forward to it! :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    6/15 please - almost at a smiley! I had an alcohol free beer last night as I was really thirsty, do not like coke etc. I enjoyed it too although not usually a beer / lager drinker. However I suspect still relatively high in calories.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,327 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 5/21 for me please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4/14 for today please Shaggy
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am looking forward to a haircut and maybe even a manicure in the near future to help with my motivation. In fact I may just book them now for next week!! Why not eh? ;-)

Absolutely right, just the thing to do. Make that call!
    cathybird wrote: »
    Hey all, I have had a lovely trip away, back now and back in the saddle tomorrow, looking forward to it! :)

Welcome back CathyBird! :wave:
    maggiem wrote: »
    I had an alcohol free beer last night as I was really thirsty, do not like coke etc. I enjoyed it too although not usually a beer / lager drinker. However I suspect still relatively high in calories.

I've got some really, really great news for you, MaggieM - after water, alcohol-free beer is the next healthiest drink you can order in a pub. Be*cks Bl*e has 57 kilo calories per bottle - it's much lower than sugar-filled soft drinks.

9/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family