Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o

Waking up at 10am has made the Griffin bidding do I don't I decision for me :o

Baby Hampy :D

♥ Di

Lou - complain loudly, it wasn't your fault, they scanned it twice :mad:

I have to agree. It is weird how different shops process refunds, whenever I have one in Ts it is processed on the same day, and shows on the same day on the statement, so it is obviously easy enough done.

Lou, I personally would complain to head office, especially if you were not handed the card unit, surely they should have made sure you could see how much you were paying! I think maybe you should concentrate as much on that as the slowness of the refund,.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all bright and sunny today-
    in the midst of a busy weekend
    DD birthday yesterday so another big meal..
    I bought a 1/2 price gammon before xmas which someone had ordered but not collected..i still paid £8 but I would have paid full price for it £16 not very:money: but it was delicious it was a bourbon + maple glaze, but we still had loads of rtc veg left from xmas, and a chicken parfait (rtc) for starter, and prosecco and jelly shots (rtc from s)and profiteroles 1/2 price in t at the mo...we were so full we couldn't manage the cheese or coffee + mints..
    but ouch I have a headache today:(
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I received in the post this morning my £100 gift card for joining sunlife :)

if any friends of mine over 50 want to join they would as well as me receive a £100 gift card :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment for a phone with NFC and minimum Android 4.4 Kitkat os (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at £64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering £10 Argos voucher back on a £50 spend. This makes it effectively £54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Haven’t said anything earlier but have some fantastic news to share. DS and his gf are expecting a baby in June. They didn’t think she could have children so this has come as a complete surprise to them. So sweet, bless them. She’s had a few scans now and all is fine, they’re pretty sure it’s a boy :).

They live in Spain so DH, DD2, DGD1 and I have booked flights to go out and see them next month :D.

Don’t want to tempt fate so not taking any baby bits out there yet but it hasn’t stopped me buying them ;).

Mothercare have a fab sale on, loads of stuff in the clearance just depends on what each store has to clear so going further afield tomorrow to have a nosey in a larger store.
    Wow thats great news.:T
    I know how you are feeling as my DSis has been trying for a baby for the last few years and unfortunately had 6 miscarriages. She had numerous tests and they couldnt find anything wrong. She is now 6 months pregnant and all going well so far. I have been passing on the baby bargains posted on here and the other sites. So exciting :)

Morning all :wave:
  • Classy_Chick06
    Options
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at £64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering £10 Argos voucher back on a £50 spend. This makes it effectively £54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia

I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Congratulations hampy.

So far 1 terr down & room hoovered. 1 left to do and lots put back into the loft, then the rest of the packing to do. Xmas quilts in the washer so Xmas has almost disappeared for another 10 1/2 months.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Tinsel 25p in T's. Napkins 35p.

The Xmas cakes went down to £2.

The large chocolate pannetone are 1.25 for 500g.

Bacofoil turkey foil 45p but it's only 3 metres.

And in mine there's a whole stack of Italian-style deli meat platters but not being rtc till tomorrow as dated 7th.

I bought nothing. :money:Only called in for a look on way home from library.

Yesterday I spent 1.55. Getting back to normal now. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure