IPOQ completion

Options
I have gone from being unemployed to working part-time, so the IS has sent me an income payments order questionnaire (I did panic when I saw this as I thought 'order' was a bad thing but turns out perhaps not).

A couple of questions:

1. Does 'household' mean just me or me and my flatmate? I lodge with a friend (it's their lease) and have no idea about their earnings etc.

2. I pay a fixed sum for the room and bills. Am I supposed to guess how much goes for electricity, water etc? I don't have copies of any bills as I do not pay them directly.

3. My income is variable. For example, I will earn half as much in December as I do this month. How do I represent this on the form?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    1: Is meant to cover if you're living with a partner or spouse, for shared bills etc. You shouldn't need to include their earning in this case, but contact the OR in case you're unsure.

2: Put your rent in, and if there's anywhere that allows notes, mention this rent includes utilities.

3: You'll need to send proof of earnings I imagine, so an average over 3 months or so would likely be sufficient. I think that's meant to be retrospective, but again, ask the OR as you'll need to tell them of a drop in earnings either way.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure