Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ta muchly - I have been to that blog before and thought I was following it, obviously not.

I can't remember who it was who made that fab card with the granny on the bike, and I can't remember if it was her who wanted to know where she got the image - but I've just found it.

http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/nell-on-bicycle.html

Who needs to clean when there is so much enjoyment to be had webwandering

It was me who posted the card :D really love that image ,thanks ,now I can say where she came from.
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this :eek::eek:
    Gorgeous card but so much money!!!!:eek:
  • viclspence
    Options
    Afternoon all.......Was meant to be having a crafting weekend but haven't moved a sheet of card!

Had my first lot of physio yesterday, they had to give up after 10 minutes due to pain, they managed a full half hour on my hubby but he could hardly walk afterward! Decided to bite the bullet today and go find a car for when the money comes through, well happy with what I chose and have put down a deposit. The very nice car sales man (they do exist) was happy to take the deposit and wait for the rest after I explained what happened.

Love and hugs to all that need it x x
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this :eek::eek:

OMG!!!! Lovely but who who would spend that on a card. You could almost go away for the weekend instead!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG!!!! Lovely but who who would spend that on a card. You could almost go away for the weekend instead!!!

Just what my DH has just said!

Wanna-b-rich - Just seen your comment on my home page, no, sorry, I haven't received your card. Naughty Royal Mail, it's very rare for anything of ours to go astray.

Actually, at the risk of upsetting anyone (sorry if I do), can I just mention about cards with thicker embellies on? It's best to check at the post office that they go through the slot for either normal or large letter post. We're very lucky to have lovely posties here but I did have two cards with the dreaded yellow stickers on saying they were underpaid and there was £x.xx to pay. Luckily they were both delivered and I didn't have to pay. If I'd have had a card informing me there was post with underpayment on and to pick it up from the sorting office then as it is a 20 mile round trip to ours, with the price of petrol and at least £1.10 per item to pay then I would not have gone to get them. Sorry if I've offended anyone :o.
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone not done much today apart from surfing the web for ideas
    hugs to all
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options

It's one way of keeping yourself in stash. Plus I hope nobody ever complains that I over-price my cards!!!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    TomsMom wrote: »
    Just what my DH has just said!

Wanna-b-rich - Just seen your comment on my home page, no, sorry, I haven't received your card. Naughty Royal Mail, it's very rare for anything of ours to go astray.

Actually, at the risk of upsetting anyone (sorry if I do), can I just mention about cards with thicker embellies on? It's best to check at the post office that they go through the slot for either normal or large letter post. We're very lucky to have lovely posties here but I did have two cards with the dreaded yellow stickers on saying they were underpaid and there was £x.xx to pay. Luckily they were both delivered and I didn't have to pay. If I'd have had a card informing me there was post with underpayment on and to pick it up from the sorting office then as it is a 20 mile round trip to ours, with the price of petrol and at least £1.10 per item to pay then I would not have gone to get them. Sorry if I've offended anyone :o.

Don't blame you, I'd be the same if it needed money paying for underpaid postage. I wouldn't bother unless I was expecting an important letter!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    It's one way of keeping yourself in stash. Plus I hope nobody ever complains that I over-price my cards!!!

You could buy alot of stash with that amount - I'd rather a person gave me the money than spend that on a card!!!!
  • betterlife
    Options
    my god, surely they must frame them as art rather than send? is she the designer of the stamp or famous?
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport