how do i become a registared childminder??

Options
myself and a friend are looking into becoming childminders she is qualifed to nvq level 2. we want to know what qualifications we would need and authorites that need to be contacted. thanks in advance.
Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!

Comments

• Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should be able to find the information that you require at the official site; National Childminding Association (NCMA)

:)
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I was helped to become a childminder by my local job centre. They might even be able to help with some start up costs, or any grants that might be available. I was sent on a half day course, where i was given a lot of information, and a pack to apply to OFSTED, a police and medical search, and also about other organisations that would help.
  • callansdad
    Options
    Your friend might not need to go on the course if she already has a child care qualification whereas you probably would have to. The course is 3 days here.
    A banker is someone who lends you an umbrella when the sun is shining, and who asks for it back when it start to rain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure