Lincoln to Nottingham

Does anyone commute from Lincoln to Nottingham by train in the mornings (to get to work) and Nottingham to Lincoln by train in the evenings (return from work)? If so then:

Q1) Are the trains busy?
Q2) Do the trains arrive on time at the source and destination?
Q3) What time do you leave and arrive (both journeys)?
Q4) Why do you use the train rather than drive?

Does anyone commute from Lincoln to Nottingham by car in the mornings (to get to work) and Nottingham to Lincoln by car in the evenings (return from work)? If so then:

Q1) What time to you leave home in the morning and arrive at work in the morning?
Q2) What time do you leave work and arrive home in the evening?

Comments

• Objective information. A suitable train for such a commute would be the 07.36 Lincoln arrives Nottingham 08.33. It ran on time this morning. A suitable return train could be the 17.21 Nottingham arrives Lincoln at 18.24. It also ran on time today.

Although the driving distance is about 40 miles Google estimates it 1h05m to 1h50m for a departure Lincoln to Nottingham at 7.30am.
  • w00519772
    w00519772 Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Do you commute this journey by train. Are the trains busy?

I remember the trains in London. I was always standing. 1 hour is a long time to stand for.
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm sorry, I just looked up the facts for you. I know I would not like a 40 miles each way drive in traffic so variable that Google thinks it might take as long as 1h50m. I can only suggest you give it a try, as no one else has popped up on here to give advice.

The trains are Class 156 Super Sprinters, but I don't know how many coaches.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If you want details of how punctual the services are use realtimetrains.co.uk.

Data of the trips from the previous 7 days can be searched, including timings at all points along the journey.
  • I was waiting for someone to give a direct answer but as no-one has I will give you this.
    I sometimes travel on the Lincoln to Sheffield train, almost always on time and seats available. But these are the oldest trains on the network, smelly, noisy and uncomfortable.
    At school holiday times they are often packed, standing only as people go to shopping centres for the day with lots of kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure