PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 20th August 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

A very late posting from me tonight. I was tossing and turning in my sleep last night and got very little sleep. By the time i did get to sleep my daughter had come through the front door with my Grandson. I had completely overslept. Not only had i overslept so had 'Youngest' who was 2 hours late for work. No excuses, i could hear him and his 'latest' wittering on till gone 3am. This evening he's had stern words. No overnight stays on a work night! As he was late there were no car park spaces at the train station and ended up going on the motorway to work. I had kittens when he messaged me. He's had his license less than a month. Much too soon to be driving on a motorway i think. Am i being over protective? Well i dont think i am in this instance.

As for the girl he was with... she seems very nice but they all have been at first....

Son In Law came to fetch my Grandson this evening. He was in no rush to go home. Maybe its got something to do with a pact he has with my daughter 'First in from work starts the tea'. :rotfl:

Just popped online to find a tune i heard. I thought i heard it come from 'Youngests' room. His telly maybe but he said not.... it must have come from the telly downstairs (i forgot to turn it off when i came up). I remember it from my childhood.

Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra: A Swingin' Safari - It came out the year i was born. 1962.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TLrby1R1g

Oh well, i'll catch up with a few posts and listen to a few tunes. I'm sure i will sleep better tonight.

A picture for you. My Grandson after his morning bath.... Pink is soooo not his colour.:D

th_DSC_0004_zpsl1sda9kz.jpg

No onwards, no forwards,

sleep well all.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 August 2015 at 9:36PM
    Options
    I Evening everyone

Got back from holiday last Sunday, we had a great time, brill weather, in a typical Spanish resort. The food was amazing in all places we are in, but the best was in the beach shack as I christened it. Very reasonable, very tasty and great portions.

I think I did a bit too much whilst away, unfortunately I have ended up with a hernia following my op so I'm being referred for a scan and possibly another op. Feeling a bit fed up as been told to rest up a bit and not to lifting, hoovering or doing any heavy gardening.

Red ruby (((hugs))) to you. It's my ds1 25th birthday today.

Hester - I'm not surprised your worn out.
    Tru- scampi is a very lucky dog to have found you, you are doing an amazing job with him.
    TA - thinking of you both.
    Jackeo- hope your having a great holiday.
    Candlelight - well done to your dgd

Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure