Nuffield Health / Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions

Options
Hi,

In late 2016 I had physio arranged through my employer provided Bupa coverage. As I only attended two appointments the cost (£96.68) was less than the policy excess so I had to pay.

When the invoice arrived I wrote to Nuffield Health to say that their charges were not appropriate. I did this again when a reminder invoice arrived and finally, in April, when another reminder arrived I called them, explained the situation, and sent the email below:

As discussed I am not prepared to pay the full value of £96.68 as I believe that the fee for my second physio appointment is not appropriate. I do not dispute the fee for the first physio appointment.

I attended physio for a first appointment on Tuesday 22 November 2016. This was an introductory appointment where the physio assessed me and explained the course of treatment that would follow.

I had a second appointment booked for a week later on Tuesday 29 November. At some point during the day the clinic receptionist called me and said that the physio wasn't available. I was disappointed but agreed to reschedule for the following day.

When I arrived for my appointment on Wednesday 30 November it quickly became obvious that my appointment had not been entered into the booking system and that I was not expected. Eventually, after a delay, a different physio was assigned to my appointment.

However, because I had not seen the physio before, what followed was more-or-less exactly the same as the previous week. Another introductory style appointment and another explanation of treatment. In other words a complete waste of everybody's time!

Today I have received a letter from Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions requesting payment for £116.68 (I assume the extra £20 is their charges?) and stating that they have been "instructed by our above named Client to commence formal debt recovery action against you..."

I can't find the first two emails I sent although I do have a copy of the last email sent (the one above) and I could find their phone number on my mobile phone bill to demonstrate that I called.

I don't know what to do. I object to paying them especially as I have repeatedly tried to sort this out with Nuffield Health and they have never even bothered getting back to me. On the other hand I really don't want any black marks against my credit record.

Any advice is greatly received.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you spoken to BUPA about this? that would be my first port of call.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This type of debt will not show on your credit file.

I understood your argument perfectly the second I read it, unfortunately it seems the same can't be said for anyone at Nuffield health.

The debt collectors you can ignore, they are only acting on behalf of there client, and have no power to progress this any further than threatening letters.

Have you sent them a formal letter of complaint?

They will have a complaints procedure to follow, unless your emails actually said it was a complaint, it may not of reached the right dept.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi chempsall

You need a copy of Nuffield Health’s complaints procedure. Use this until your complaint has been resolved or the complaints process has been exhausted. If you do reach deadlock with them there could be the risk of county court action, which would impact on your credit report if you received a CCJ and could not pay it off within a month.

At that stage you would need to weigh up whether potentially having to pay for legal advice (if you chose to defend the claim) and incurring additional court costs would be worthwhile for the level of debt. Hopefully your complaint will resolve the matter before it reaches that stage. Good luck with it.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you pay for the first appointment then? Because that you are not disputing so they could argue you owe them at least for that appointment if you haven't paid.
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need permission to post here like that Nuffield Health
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts