Financial Recovery Services Argos Card

Hi I'm new to this but need advice. I have an Argos card account which I am currently paying off monthly and I pay more than the minimum monthly payment. Just over a year ago I had to go into hospital and I missed 2 payments but I paid the outstanding amounts and told Argos what had happened. They said I hadn't been in touch which I had. A few weeks ago the FRS telephoned me to say Argos had passed my account to them when I missed these payments. I told the FRS I have paid the monthly payments every month without fail and always more than the minimum payment on the statement. They claimed they had written to me to let me know my account had been transferred to them which they hadn't done as I only get a monthly Argos statement. They demanded the full amount which I can't afford in one go and I refuse to make agreements with them over the phone so I told them to write to me which they haven't!!! So I have been paying the monthly payments but they keep ringing and harrassing me. I don't answer their calls now.....don't know what to do.....any advice will be appreciated as its making me ill. Thank you in advance

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    they wont of sold it, will be collecting on behalf of. facebook will get their attention
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Write to Argos and them, complaining about their actions, harrassment.

What's it showing on your cedit report?

Social media is a hood way to complain also, but I would do it in writing also.
    :beer:
  • I have contacted Argos on numerous occasions but they don't do anything. Their customer care is disgusting. I don't know what else to do. I'm paying more than the minimum monthly payments but get bombarded with calls and messages from FRS. I only owe £278 now but I can't afford to pay the full lot in one go and I have told Argos this but because FRS have my account now they're not interested:(
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 22 January 2015 at 11:09AM
    FRS are just part of Home Retail Group who issue and administer the Argos cards.

So your account has not really moved.

FCA contact for FRS is gillian.macey @ homeretailgroup.com

I would contact FRS/Argos cards with a formal complaint, saying that you are aware of their history of complaints, and that you will be referring the matter to the Financial Ombudsman if you do not receive a satisfactory response from them.

You can also contact the FOS now to see if they will write now on your behalf.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    We can help by contacting the business for you, and telling them about your complaint.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • KkKKKKK1966
    KkKKKKK1966 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2015 at 11:20AM
    Thank you for all your help.....its much appreciated :j I will let you all know how I get on
  • Thank you so much for all your help and I'll post how I get on:j
  • Had another call from FRS at 6pm tonight and I answered the call to tell them to stop calling me and that I am going to report them........they now claim they can't discuss my account because they have my incorrect date of birth and need a copy of my birth certificate!!!! Its absolutely ridiculous:( I'm so stressed at the moment because of it. How can they turn round and say my birthday is wrong now when I have spoken to them before??? DOB is one of the security questions they ask you along with your full name and address!!!!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    It's just another thing to add to your complaint, and they simply dig their hole deeper. ;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hi there, funny you should mention this as I am in the exact same situation as yourself, they said my date of birth was wrong and wouldn't accept my actual dob. So they persisted for 3-4 months of pointless calls after sending my birth certificate to them twice. Finally set up a payment plan with reduced amount of added charges. Payment was due out on the 1st this month.. They didn't take it and now it actually has been past on I think! Over 13 days of non payment payment! Have fun!
  • I agree about Argos being pathetic, we have been on a DMP for over 3 years and of 12 creditors Argos are the most unhelpful.
    Have written them over a dozen letters and they have never replied or acted on them.
    Three years in they still charge us more in interest and missed payment fees each month than my monthly payment from SC, since starting the DMP we have paid over £12k off our debts, but the Argos account has actually GONE UP by £53.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure