Advice desperately needed in Scotland

Options
So, my DAS/DPP has been revoked as I've not been able to keep up with it, due to losing two jobs over the last year due to depression.

I was thinking that Minimal Asset Bankruptcy, with the six months discharge is now my best option, but as I'm still hoping to find work (my only income just now is UC of £317.82 per month), Stepchange have said this could be risky as if I found work, the bankruptcy could be cancelled, and there's also the issue with my Hire Purchase Vehicle.

Blackhorse have told me they'd be happy for me to keep posession as long a payments are being made. My dad is willing to make these for me.

I really want/need to be able to keep posession as it makes dealing with my mental health issues easier and also makes the areas I'm able to search for work in, wider.

However, Stepchange think the trustee may see it as unessential if I'm not working. Would pushing the mental health aspect be a route I could take with the trustee?

With the DAS/DPP being revoked, a lot of interest can/will be added now and Stepchange are suggesting I should look to setup a token payments scheme of £1 per month to each creditor, there's about £15 of them.

The worry I have, is that this will be never ending and constantly be a weight on my very fragile attempts to recover from depression.

I'm genuinely confused an don't know what to do for the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure