Maclaren Techno XT

Options
Costco today we found the Maclaren Techno XT for £68 bought it and came home and checked a few sites, glasgow pram center has it for £130 and boots are selling it for £150 and mothercare have it reduced to £120.

The buggy is in cornflower blue and is fully reclinable with swivel wheels - Link to mothercares listing
The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comments

• dandydon
    Options
    we just bought one on Sat for 130!

Which costco was this? Is this a national deal?
    wins so far.....travel book :cool: last ever frost DVD :)
    speeches that changed the world book ;)
  • BigAde
    BigAde Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant buggy - great price that too...

We've had our XT for a couple of years now and it's been great. It's robust, lightweight, comfy handles, folds small and copes with the BuggyBoard attachment. No problems at all in fact and it's been well and truly earned its keep in that time.
    Got ours for £99 from Kiddicare, so £68 is a no brainer.
    Ah! Good old trusty beer... I hope you never change.
  • fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am the same as BigAde..got it from Kiddicare 3 years ago for £99..super buggy..only thing is the wheels...oh how that squeak annoys me! Probably need a good clean though..just me being lazy I guess!

fluffynit
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dandydon wrote:
    we just bought one on Sat for 130!

Which costco was this? Is this a national deal?

Don't know where the OP saw them but Costco Trafford Park have had them at this price, £68, for a good few weeks. I noticed as they were £150 originally and I commented that they had been reduced. I had bought one from them for £60 odd in the past and wondered why they had gone up so much. Think they must be bringing out a newer version...all look the same to me :confused:

They do have a tendency to squeak...mine does (or did 'til my Dad oiled it) but it bothers other people more than me :D
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • b1g1an
    b1g1an Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Just spray the axles with silicon spray every now and again, soon shuts them up. They made improvements to them last year, biggest one being the hood is now waterproof around the window!

The only real negative with these is they are very long when folded up so be wary if you have a small car and don't want it filling the boot diagonally.

The comment about all looking the same is a worthy of note, MacLaren have gradually been making the rest of the range look just like the Techno so to some it isn't always obvious to some which the cheaper ones are and there is a big difference between the cheaper steel ones and the aluminium Technos.
  • Anthillmob
    Anthillmob Posts: 11,780 Forumite
    Options
    the buggy i have its fantastic!

we got ours with the cosy toes as well for £120 (i think) from kiddiecare.com which was cheaper than mothercare without the cosytoes.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brilliant buggy and at that price it is fantastic ... got our one from boots worked out near enough the same taking into account the points earned.

Only bad points I find are the basket - very very small, practically no use to it as it is awkward to get things right under the seat 'cos of the cross bars - so it is wasted space.

The seat area for kiddies toosh is quite small IMO - I prefer them to be deeper.

Plus, does anyone else find that the foot rest extention keeps going back rather than staying out when you pull it? Or is it just me?

On the whole though - very easy to use and worth the money!
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • rockpeblar
    Options
    Hi, checked the costco website and it says it is not open to the general public. Was hoping to pop into the the Bristol store and get one at the weekend but doesn't look like it is going to happen.
    Matched betting profits since 11/10/06 = £1,554
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Costco is plus vat is it not so real price £79.90 ?
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Typical.. lol

Just got one of these last week from http://www.babyequipmentcomplete.co.uk/main_page.htm

£99 delivered (2005 model).

What model is it at Costco, 2005 or 2006? I'm guessing it would be 2005 as the 2006 isn't out till end of Jan.

(Although my 8 month old couldn't tell the difference).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure