Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Missli wrote: »
    I've just weighed myself using some new digital scales. My others were useless, and I weigh 142lbs. I need to lose around 17, so I'm definitely going to join.
    I'm not one for big group activities but I think you're right, I'm worth losing a few £s for a few lbs! :D

Definitely stay to group as you'll get so much more from it. Can get a bit samey at times with the clapping thing but you'll also get loads of ideas for meal ideas, what to choose at different restaurants etc.

17lb isn't a lot to lose but you'll feel far better for it. It's best not to pick a figure initially - you could just have one in mind. You may find when you get there that you actually want to lose a bit more or may decide before you get there that you feel OK and can just call target then. There is no compulsion to pick a target on your first attendance. You'll probably be given an interim target of 10% of your body weight to aim for first.

Have you decided which group you're going to yet and when it is?

Denise
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a few days away in the Lake District, so missed my Monday weigh in. I found a group in Kendal this morning. I was expecting a small gain, as I was off plan for some of the weekends meals. However I stood on the scales to discover I had lost 4.5 lbs

I have now lost 3 1/2 stone in 15 weeks!!
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Definitely stay to group as you'll get so much more from it. Can get a bit samey at times with the clapping thing but you'll also get loads of ideas for meal ideas, what to choose at different restaurants etc.

Have you decided which group you're going to yet and when it is?

Denise

I'm a bit worried about the clapping thing. That's probably going to scare me off! :rotfl:

I'm joining my local slimming world club. Are there different types of membership, or other clubs?
    I'm just going to this one as it is near, and convenient. I think it will encourage me to stick to targets if I'm with others.
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • Missli
    Options
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    Had a few days away in the Lake District, so missed my Monday weigh in. I found a group in Kendal this morning. I was expecting a small gain, as I was off plan for some of the weekends meals. However I stood on the scales to discover I had lost 4.5 lbs

Well done. That's encouraging! :T
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a bit worried about the clapping thing. That's probably going to scare me off! :rotfl:

I'm joining my local slimming world club. Are there different types of membership, or other clubs?
    I'm just going to this one as it is near, and convenient. I think it will encourage me to stick to targets if I'm with others.

No there aren't different types of clubs. They're all a bit happy clappy but fortunately not every week but most weeks. But it's the talking to different members that gets the talk happening. For example is someone has had a gain during the week and doesn't know why after a bit of chat a reason usually emerges such as they've had a takeaway and it was more syns that it used to be (syns for a lot of takeaways have doubled fairly recently!) or they've not been measuring their HEAs and HEBs - all of which are important.

Our consultant often asks people what their favourite meal has been that week which is where a lot of the information about different meals come from. I'm not sure if all consultants have a folder where members can put meals they've had that week but my consultant does. However this tends only to get used when we have taster meetings - where members bring in foods for others to try which they may not have had before. These are usually on the weeks of national competitions.

Anyway get along to group and give it a go for a few weeks at least.

Denise
  • Missli
    Options
    I'm joining this week. Will let you know how I get on!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »

WOW well done:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done. That's encouraging! :T
    I have also lost 1st 1lb in 3 weeks :D
    I'm joining this week. Will let you know how I get on!

I am sure you will do just fine :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Missli
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have also lost 1st 1lb in 3 weeks :D

That's brilliant bubbs. No wonder it's so popular. I'm really looking forward to it now. Got some new summer dresses I need to squeeze into. :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,301 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy aniversary DEnise :)

Lush~~ Go to Dr.
    No one should have to endure this.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure