BCW

Options
I recieved a letter yesterday looking for full payment by the 31st of october I owe 476euro to an electricty supplier. If i ignor them will they just go away they've been ringing me every day I answered once and told them they had the wrong number but they keep ringing so I'm going to change my number. Will they call to my door.

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    I recieved a letter yesterday looking for full payment by the 31st of october I owe 476euro to an electricty supplier. If i ignor them will they just go away they've been ringing me every day I answered once and told them they had the wrong number but they keep ringing so I'm going to change my number. Will they call to my door.

Do you agree that you owe this money? If so I would suggest you write to offer them a monthly payment at a rate you can afford.

If you ignore them they might go away, they might carry on harrassing you with calls & letters, they might send a doorstop agent, or they might take you to court.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    This has been moved to it's own thread.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure