Recorded delivery letter??

Options
Morning,

I've been looking up threads that discuss unknown recorded delivery letters all morning and I can't find anything recent.

It's stressing me out having missed a recorded letter and I have no idea what it is about. I've been looking at the type of letters that may arrive this way, worrying about speeding tickets, court summons etc. even though I have no real reason to believe that it is anything bad.

Does anyone have any advice on typical letters that arrive via recorded or wether certain things definitely arrive by normal post

It doesn't help that I went to collect it with my red card on Saturday they told me it had gone back out in the live mail and now wouldn't likely arrive till Monday. Of course if I miss it it will be Tuesday!

Any thoughts would be appreciated but it may just be a stressful wait and see.

Thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrdoctor wrote: »
    Morning,

I've been looking up threads that discuss unknown recorded delivery letters all morning and I can't find anything recent.

It's stressing me out having missed a recorded letter and I have no idea what it is about. I've been looking at the type of letters that may arrive this way, worrying about speeding tickets, court summons etc. even though I have no real reason to believe that it is anything bad.

Does anyone have any advice on typical letters that arrive via recorded or wether certain things definitely arrive by normal post

It doesn't help that I went to collect it with my red card on Saturday they told me it had gone back out in the live mail and now wouldn't likely arrive till Monday. Of course if I miss it it will be Tuesday!

Any thoughts would be appreciated but it may just be a stressful wait and see.

Thanks

Firstly recorded delivery has not existed for some years, the equivalent modern service is signed for.

There is no typical letter sent signed for and I can't see anyway of providing the information you need for reassurance. However, most nasty things like speeding tickets etc come via normal mail as it is not standard for DVLA to use signed for.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Don't get in a tizzy!! Is it a birthday card, have you recently purchased something small enough to fit in an envelope, passport?
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure