What happens with a late train and an APCOA parking ticket?

Options
This week I'm going to be parking at the station and travelling at roughly the same time I come back.
The station I park at demands 24 hour parking - which is already quite unfair if your departure train is an hour before your return train arrives - but I'm concerned what happens if my ticket would otherwise be ok but the return train is delayed past my parking ticket's expiry time?
Do APCOA fine you - or is there some sort of agreement between APCOA and the railways?

Comments

• Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't really get why you think its "unfair" that the timing of the train you wish to take means you need to park for longer! APCOA are a separate company to the rail operator and 24 hours is a reasonable cut-off time to go into the next price band.

But anyway, the APCOA car park my son uses has number plate recognition and a phone app which means you can renew via mobile. So if your station car-park offers that, you should be able to pay for your next unit of parking if/when you need it.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i don't know the answer but sympathise as it's the train companies fault so why should you pay for extra parking.

It's the same if Eurostar is late you have to buy a new rail ticket can cost a fortune on the day.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    It's the same if Eurostar is late you have to buy a new rail ticket can cost a fortune on the day.
    You can buy tickets to a special destination (LONDON INTL(CIV)) which effectively extends the CIV rules from your Eurostar ticket to the domestic ticket. Your combination of tickets from Europe are therefore considered to be one journey and you can take a later train if delayed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure