CSA taken out of wage moving to CMS

Options
I currently have CSA payments coming out of my wage from a court order. CMS wrote to me to say it was changing to them on the 20th September.

They wrote to me today with suggested payments with figures they got from HMRC until I contact them.

I've noticed though CSA payments will be coming out of my wage on the 27th september.

The CMS letter I got today says "they will work out payments from the 21st september, they call it the initial effective date"

However they said in April that in september my payments to CSA will end, So I'm wondering why a payment has come out this month?

My ex has asked to do Direct Pay.

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The payment coming out on the 27th is for the week commencing on the 20th, so in effect the CSA ends on the 20th and the CMS starts on the 21st, you always pay a week or a month after the date, all that seems odd is that the dates do not tally with a Monday.
  • Gavin78
    Gavin78 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 September 2017 at 1:24AM
    Options
    I'm confused what has Monday got to do with it?

27th of the month is when I get paid by which CSA comes out direct from my wage.

So I've seen my wage slip for the 27th of this month with CSA taking their cut.

So while I haven't contact CMS yet (next week) they have taken over from the 21st. So will this mean I will make a payment to them on the 27th of Oct or will they expect me to make a payment to CSA out of my wage and one to them as well?

Also reading the book that came with the letter it appears to suggest that my wife would also have her wage taken into account when making payments to my daughter is this true as I can't seem to find any info on the internet about it?

It's not very clear on the letter.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gavin78 wrote: »
    I'm confused what has Monday got to do with it?

27th of the month is when I get paid by which CSA comes out direct from my wage.

So I've seen my wage slip for the 27th of this month with CSA taking their cut.

So while I haven't contact CMS yet (next week) they have taken over from the 21st. So will this mean I will make a payment to them on the 27th of Oct or will they expect me to make a payment to CSA out of my wage and one to them as well?

Also reading the book that came with the letter it appears to suggest that my wife would also have her wage taken into account when making payments to my daughter is this true as I can't seem to find any info on the internet about it?

It's not very clear on the letter.

Monday has plenty to do with it, the liabilities run from the Monday, when you get paid covers the arrears from the Mondays previous to the liability dates.
  • jimd-f
    jimd-f Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the reference to Mondays applies to CSA not CMS.
    CMS charge on a daily basis from the date the claim starts.
    CSA will be taking the money from your September wages to cover your liability for the previous month.
    from October you will pay CMS, they cannot both take money from your wages.
    your current partners wages have no effect on your liability under the CMS scheme.
    as your ex wants to go Direct pay then the sooner you contact CMS the better as if you have to make payments through the CMS you will be charged an extra 20% for the priviledge
  • Gavin78
    Gavin78 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the info,

I'll be contacting CMS next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income