50th wedding anniversary gift

Options
Can anyone help with ideas for above.
It's for my best friend ( and hubby). Don't want to spend much as it would embarrass them, just want to acknowledge the occasion really.
Any ideas?

Comments

• mickeymouse303
    Options
    Have you looked into trees/plants as gifts? They work really well for the bigger anniversaries. Here are some ideas: https://www.tree2mydoor.com/special-occasions/anniversary-gifts/50th-gold-anniversary.html
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well I tend to get a pretty frame and print off a nice poem to go in it. Also they have pretty 'love bird' salt and pepper sets on Amazon quite cheaply which are nice novelties.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Traditionally its gold, doesn't have to be real gold though.
    Etsy always have nice small gifts for a traditional anniversary.
  • DebrasSewingProject
    Options
    Have you thought about just buying a bottle of wine, hopefully they're not teetotal! but purchasing a special personalised 50th wine label - very low cost but very memorable and thoughtful - Etsy do this kind of thing
  • Yorkygirl
    Options
    I put a hamper together for in-laws:-

Golden Syrup, Gold Blend Coffee, Golden shred marmalade, Golden Grahams, Terrys All Gold................etc etc etc either Gold wrapped or Gold(en) in name

Wrapped box in golden paper & shredded stuff and was really appreciated.
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have you thought about just buying a bottle of wine, hopefully they're not teetotal! but purchasing a special personalised 50th wine label - very low cost but very memorable and thoughtful - Etsy do this kind of thing

You could even make your own label. I did a huge inflatable champagne bottle with a personalised label and balloons on the top for bubbles - this was for a 60th anniv and they certainly only had one of those!
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure