Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all and needless to say we are awash with rain yet again.

I was AWOL yesterday :j

Eldest child best mate flew in from Orlando, her first UK visit in 6.5 years since just after graduation.
    - all 3 of them hung around together during the last uni year - eldest child and BF not officially together at that point -

She navigated her way on the train here and we had a lovely day together - went walkies around our local pond, armed with Waitrose coffees and turnock cakes and adored all of the doggies doing circuits as well. Then we went into our little town which still has lots of little old black and white buildings and oozes the history Americans crave - told her about the great fire, the bear getting loose, our "cathedral" parish church, the money donated by QE1 to rebuild the town etc. Then we had hot chocolate in our ye old worlde Neros. Then a drive through the Cheshire countryside.

Then back home we got her hooked on Supervet - the miracle vet who mends very poorly doggies.
    And Benidorm which defies explanation :rotfl:.
    OH made mince and tatties - another new culinary experience.
    Followed by the new "Vera" series

OH took her back to the station this morning en route to work and she has gone back to the airport - direct run train this time and this morning she is off to Paris - she is obsessed with Paris and wants to wake up there on her birthday :T

My main task today is to try and write some sort of packing list and to get everything out and ready to go for the end of the week - the task seems enormous, even writing the list is going to need several cups of tea ...

Meanwhile I will see what you lot have been up to ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjj wrote: »
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Sorry I'm missing loads at the min but just wanted to send lots of love to snap, bubbs & Sarah.

I've jus logged on to find a pm :) which I will reply to soon.

Hope everything goes smooth today bubbs.

Sorry if I've missed anyone which I know I prob have.

Hugs all round lol xx
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Hope all goes well today bubbs, will be thinking of you.

Thanks both x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Sister just rang, it has now turned into a trip to IKEA after :j:j
    that will be an incentive :D

I have a birthday £5 voucher from IKEA :D

Stopping at T K Maxx at Merthyr Tydfil on way home too :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bubbs
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning.

Aww how lovely.

Bubbs all the best today.

Lets hope today is a better day.
    Bubbs, things are never quite as bad as you expect them to be, good luck anyway xx
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Bubbs - hope your day goes well. Thanks for testing sharpies.
    My morning has not started well. Bus was late, therefore, so was I for work. Fortunately only a couple of minutes.
    Have a good day all.
    Thanks all, just catching up before I go in work was a bit early
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :hello:

Done my catch-up, it didn't take long :j.

Weather here is dry and no wind but who knows what it may be like later as the sky is very heavy grey clouds. No sign of blue sky in either direction.

NSD for me today, it's a rest day. Must get back into my old routine of rest day, day out then rest day again. There are occasions when this doesn't happen and if it's too often my joints let me know in no uncertain terms.

Hugs and thoughts are with the Elite poorly and low in spirit xx

Right I'm off to websleuths to catch up there, fascinating stuff indeed

See you all later, have a good day shopping and good luck bubbs. You've got nothing to worry about, type 2 is a doddle compared to type 1 :)
    Thanks yes I know, but it's the unknown :o
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    ♥ Bestest Bubbs

:o Confession I got diagnosed last year with type 2 but haven't told anyone in real life :o
    Thanks, I have told you lot my sister and my hubby, no one else needs to know ;)

Today my sisters & I are going off to Cardiff for sister's 2½ hour full body scan ...

Leaving soon as appt is 1pm

I'm in knots so I hope my sister is coping better ♥

Wishing you the very best, see mine is nothing compared to this yet I still get myself in a tangle :o
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning ALL!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    bubbs, sharpies good to go :)
  • mhoc
    Options
    On the minus side Errant youngest son is being a right pain in the rear.

Firstly he was messaging eldest child and her BF from 6 on Sunday morning - mithering and worrying them, the week before the wedding.

He has a date for his 2nd tribunal which is good in that they have not drawn it out but its for the week after the wedding. He can take a colleague or trade union member with him. He is not in a trade union and I don't know how feasible getting a colleague to go with him at this late notice is.
    Eldest childs BF helped him compose a response letter, took him an entire Sunday 2 weeks ago and this was emailed off. BF has been an absolute godsend helping errant son with this, advice and his expertise, mostly falling on deaf ears though.

2nd problem - Errant son is not getting back into the UK until very late Friday afternoon. He wanted to know what station it was to get a train going north. Eldest child has told him, also how expensive Friday afternoon trains are and even if he got a later train they are not much better. She also had to ring the restaurant and take his name off the list for the rehearsal dinner as whatever train he takes he wont arrive until very late, one of us will have to leave the rehearsal dinner to collect him from the station. So sometime Friday night he will arrive having travelled for about 2 days - bus, 2 or 3 planes, underground and train, unwashed, unshaved and unfed etc...

3rd problem - Errant son was also messaging me early yesterday and he said he had a blazer, shirt and tie in his "vehicle" . I don't know where the vehicle is but its not at the airport or at the train station. So he will be travelling north with what clothes he has with him. Eldest child seems to think he has his suit with him. Errant son says he does not have a blazer with him so I've no idea what he does and does not have.
    Eldest middle son got a suit for a wedding last year which he did not wear in the end but that is still here in a suit carrier so that will have to go in the car with us - its not a suit I like but it cant be helped. Its just fortunate that some of the boys clothes are still here - just got to find a choice of white shirts and maybe some of OHs silk ties - this is my first job today even before I think about our own packing so I can stop eldest child worrying. Not that this suit will get any approval - or the shirts and ties but its the best I can make of a bad job. Also eldest son will be annoyed with having his suit borrowed but that I will have to deal with later...

There are a few coming up from London for the wedding so there is a vague possibility Errant son might get a lift back south on Sunday, otherwise it will be the train again unless we do a massive detour when we go home

Also no idea where Errant son will be sleeping on Friday, Saturday, Sunday etc - we have an airbandb house but it will be full on Friday so I need to take extra bedding, duvet, pillows etc incase he ends up with us and sleeping on the floor ...

deep sigh ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options

Today my sisters & I are going off to Cardiff for sister's 2½ hour full body scan ...

Leaving soon as appt is 1pm

I'm in knots so I hope my sister is coping better ♥

2 1/2 hour body scan - very grim but at least they have slotted her in very quickly and it will be one big job out of the way - and Ikea will go some way to make up for it :T
  • mhoc
    Options
    I will swop my DS2 for your eldest son!

He went out last night, stating that he was coming home and has not returned....just seen a photo on Facebook drinking orange wine..... that explains the empty bed!
    :D:D:D:D

Can I swap your orange wine drinking son for my errant son - he has to have a suit though :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure