PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hot cross bun bread pudding ?

Options
Anyone made it care to share a receipe please?

Comments

• psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2014 at 9:22PM
    Options
    Haven't tried as never have any leftovers but Google found lots of recipes for me.

Hot cross bun pudding finds them
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 April 2014 at 9:30PM
    Options
    If you mean a bread and buttter pudding then slice and butter the buns. Place in dish. Sprinkle over extra fruit (sultanas) if you want; add a dessertspoon caster sugar. If you wish you could slice through the buns (vertically) but I wouldn't bother.

Mix 2 eggs with 1 pint (500ml) milk.
    Pour milk and egg mix over buns. (Pour through a seive if you wish but I never do)

Allow to stand for at least 30 mins. This enables the buns to soak up the custard mix. Slightly stale buns are better as they will absorb the custard (milk and egg) well.

Bake at 170 deg C gas mark 3 for 45 minutes.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I made one last year by slicing the buns from top to bottom and buttering them. Then layered them with a sprinkle of sugar. Added beaten eggs and milk. Left to soak and baked.
    It was lovely.
    On TV yesterday the hairy bikers made a brioche bread and butter pudding. Instead of layering the bread they cut slices and stood it up around the dish. It just made it look a bit different.
  • Gottodothis
    Options
    I make this at Easter. I cut the buns in half and spread with lemon curd. I make a custard with cream then I add some cinnamon. I pour it over sprinkle with brown sugar and cook.
    Yummy.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've also made this with stale donuts, but I don't add dried fruit of sugar to the dish.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family