New Year, New Diary

Options

Comments

• Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your plan all in place then!
    Glad to see you're using my technique with the extra account, let me know how you get on with this or if you have any tips for me.
    Good Luck!
  • dottydebts
    dottydebts Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    So, it is Thursday! I have had 3 NSDs so far this week :j but will need to go to the shop tonight as I have nothing for breakfast or lunch tomorrow!

Currently waiting for a few more bills to go out so I can get a good picture as to whether my spreadsheet predictions are accurate or not. Really hoping they are!!
    Sounds like you've got your plan all in place then!
    Glad to see you're using my technique with the extra account, let me know how you get on with this or if you have any tips for me.
    Good Luck!

Yes - sending it to another account seems to be working well! I also split the money on a spreadsheet so I can allocate it to a few more categories which is handy!
  • dottydebts
    Options
    It is the weekend! I have managed to spend less than £10 this week in total, which is fantastic and keeps me within my mental £50 per week budget. I have more than this available in the budget, but I'm hoping to keep well below it to help me pay off my debt and build up my savings faster.

This week has been fine. Work has been hard and I have been absolutely exhausted every single day. I haven't been to the gym all week which is frustrating but I have really hurt my toe and know that in the long run I'll be better off letting it get better rather than causing myself more pain.

I need to spend today tidying and working, as I feel a bit behind at the moment after the wedding, so would like to catch up a bit.

Today's to do list:
    - clean and tidy the kitchen (there seems to be a lot of stuff in here that doesn't belong in here)
    - empty the wash basket and hang everything up to dry
    - hoover through the house
    - clean my office
    - at least 2 hours of work
    - complete change of name form for DVLA ready for hubby to post on Monday
    - find car and insurance paperwork and change name on them

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popped in to say hope your toe is better soon. Exercise keeps me feeling well and if I miss my gym sessions I always feel lethargic.

On the money front looks like you are sticking to your plan. Well done !
  • dottydebts
    Options
    Just popped in to say hope your toe is better soon. Exercise keeps me feeling well and if I miss my gym sessions I always feel lethargic.

On the money front looks like you are sticking to your plan. Well done !

Thank-you, I hope so too! The gym always makes me feel better about everything and I always seem to be much more productive after going. We'll see if I manage my self-imposed gym ban as I may well end up going anyway :rotfl:
  • dottydebts
    Options
    Today's to do list:
    [STRIKE]- clean and tidy the kitchen (there seems to be a lot of stuff in here that doesn't belong in here)[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]- empty the wash basket and hang everything up to dry [/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]- clean my office [/STRIKE] Done!

6pm and my to do list still has quite a lot to do on it! I have a feeling this might become more of a weekend list :rotfl:
  • dottydebts
    Options
    It is Sunday! I've been up for about an hour now, just watching TV and I'm about to start actually doing something with my day. Today's plan involves finishing my to do list from yesterday, and adding some more bits to it which also need to be done, and hopefully doing something fun with hubby too.

I am planning on putting £20 of petrol into my car, which should pretty much fill it up, and I'm hoping to spend less than £10 on my food shop which is mainly things for lunches to take to work. I must write a list and stick to it!!

I currently have around £300 to last me the rest of the month, and really don't want to dip into the money I have saved so I'm feeling determined to stick to my budget of £50 per week which should give me a little extra at the end of the month to give to my debt and savings.

To Do:
    [STRIKE]- clean and tidy the kitchen (there seems to be a lot of stuff in here that doesn't belong in here)[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]- empty the wash basket and hang everything up to dry[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]- clean my office[/STRIKE] Done!
    - wash up (again)
    - put clean washing away
    - food shop
    - fill up car & check air in tyres.
  • dottydebts
    Options
    Food shop done and found £1 on the floor! I have added this to my sealed pot. Total in Aldi came to £10.74, so 74p over budget, however I'm not kicking myself about this as I needed to get a few extra bits including toothpaste and also got 3 porridge pots for my breakfast meaning I have 3 extra breakfasts to carry over into the following week.

I've decided that 10am is the perfect shopping time on a Sunday - arrived to an almost empty car park, didn't have a long wait to pay and by the time I left people were fighting for car park spaces! This may become a weekly trip!
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi dotty
    I agree about the best times to shop. I get there when they open, whizz round and out again before it gets busy. Less stressful.

Well done on your budgeting you sound so organised. :T
    I too have started a sealed pot for Xmas
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • dottydebts
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi dotty
    I agree about the best times to shop. I get there when they open, whizz round and out again before it gets busy. Less stressful.

Well done on your budgeting you sound so organised. :T
    I too have started a sealed pot for Xmas
    M

Thank-you! However, I'm only a week in so I guess we shall see if I'm still so organised by week 5 when the budgets don't have as much money in them!

All my spare change is going into a sealed pot for xmas! I'm hoping this will ease the hammering it normally gives my bank account. I will be annoyed when I have to open it to change all my pound coins into the new ones though! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure