Talktalk Moriarty Law Debt

Options
Just last week I received a letter from Moriarty Law instructed by JJC International Acquisiton LLC, that I owe talk talk limited money. They say the total amount is £142.34 after all expenses and I owed talktalk £9 from 2012. I called talktalk and they said I never owed anything to them and I am a good payer, in fact they said they forgot to refund us £19. Anyway talktalk said we owed nothing to them and that they owed us £19.
We told this to Moriarty Law and they didn't listen, they said talktalk don't know about this debt and its not in relation to them (like what? we apparently owe talktalk money and they dont know about it) and that they wont contact talktalk, but they'll contact Jefferson State Capital, because it's their request. .

Is this fraud? What should I do, I owe nothing and talktalk told me I don't owe them anything.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,929 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    wassupguys wrote: »
    Just last week I received a letter from Moriarty Law instructed by JJC International Acquisiton LLC, that I owe talk talk limited money. They say the total amount is £142.34 after all expenses and I owed talktalk £9 from 2012. I called talktalk and they said I never owed anything to them and I am a good payer, in fact they said they forgot to refund us £19. Anyway talktalk said we owed nothing to them and that they owed us £19.
    We told this to Moriarty Law and they didn't listen, they said talktalk don't know about this debt and its not in relation to them (like what? we apparently owe talktalk money and they dont know about it) and that they wont contact talktalk, but they'll contact Jefferson State Capital, because it's their request. .

Is this fraud? What should I do, I owe nothing and talktalk told me I don't owe them anything.

Stay off the phone and send the provit letter to them.

They must provide evidence of your liability when asked.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    As above.

Also see if you can get talktalk to confirm that conversation in writing
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Wassupguys

We can certainly take a look into this for you. If you have a chat to us online at talktalk.co.uk/chat we can take some details from you and look into what is happening with this.

Many Thanks

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sounds like a useful offer
  • tra1605
    Options
    Hi,

I had this exact letter from Moriarity Law however i have NEVER had a TalkTalk account in my life! What step do I take now? Prior to this i had various other collection agencys contact me but i explained the situation and they closed the account, it would then go quiet for a couple of months and then it would be passed on to another collection agent and then the same would happen again! What should i do now??
  • fatbelly
    Options
    tra1605 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had this exact letter from Moriarity Law however i have NEVER had a TalkTalk account in my life! What step do I take now? Prior to this i had various other collection agencys contact me but i explained the situation and they closed the account, it would then go quiet for a couple of months and then it would be passed on to another collection agent and then the same would happen again! What should i do now??

Then your situation is the same as the OP and you should follow the same advice
  • wassupguys_2.0
    Options
    Hey Guys. Thanks for your advice. I'm sorry I haven't replied I forgot all about this thread and then I forgot my account details. By the way one or two days after I posted this thread I called Moriarty Law and they said the same thing. I confirmed with Talktalk that I didn't owe anything and the reason I remembered this thread is because I got a letter today saying that I still owe and outstanding balance of £142
  • wassupguys_2.0
    Options
    Hi. Sorry I haven't replied I forgot about this thread. Are you still available to look into this case?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,929 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As previously advised, send the provit letter available from the sticky threads.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • wassupguys_2.0
    Options
    I contacted talktalk again on live chat and they said no debts are owed I got the transcript emailed to me for proof. The advisor said to report it to the fraud team, because she said no debts are owed apart from the monthly bill and that Moriarty Law are fake and frauds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure