Flying from Dublin - Travel Insurance

Options
We've a trip to Finland in the near future, I was looking into travel insurance this morning using TopCashBack but the policies I have checked state they are only valid if flying from a UK airport. Where can I get travel insurance if I am flying from/returning to Dublin? Thanks.

Comments

• ChrisNI
    ChrisNI Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd suggest you give the insurance company a call to verify if you are covered. In my experience when flying from Dublin, almost all the insurers I contacted have stated that as long as you are resident in the UK and are beginning your journey within the UK (i.e. when you leave your house), then they don't really care what airport you are flying from.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ditto on that. The "journey" starts in the UK, whether by car or public transport. Then continues by air. Anything else would play hell with complex journeys, multicentre holdays and flight connections :)
  • jenny-wren
    Options
    Based on 'Which' reviews we used HolidaySafe for our last insurance. We didn't have to make a claim but they offered comprehensive cover at a reasonable price and even covered pre-existing medical conditions. Previously we've used Boots for annual worldwide travel insurance, which including a US trip from Dublin.

Most policies will cover you from your journey starting point i.e. your home in NI no matter what airport you are flying from.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport