Just had my telephone interview

Options
The OR asked lots of questions (I waffled a lot) I did not have all paperwork to hand as she said she was calling to make an appointment but if I was happy to she could just go through it with me there and then.

Then she just said thank you, you will hear about your assets (stock) and you will be made bankrupt for 1 year, no ipo is needed.

And that was that! So what happens next?

I am waiting for a huge sledge hammer to Wack me. Do I have to fill out forms, she didn’t mention me sending all of my bank cards to her but I presume these will be asked for?

I know I should have asked but I was a little taken back and overwhelmed after working myself up about the interview.

Comments

• pinkmum3
    pinkmum3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    That's reassuring to hear. I'm just at the start of my journey having only just made the decision to take the plunge. I'll be doing my forms, finding the fee and submitting my application in the next month. I'm very scared and nervous about it all so any advise will be greatly appreciated.
  • krissys
    krissys Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Pinkmum, the anxiety has by far been the worse part.

I filled the forms and paid inFriday lunchtime, yesterday I received an email saying it had been accepted and then today I got the call.

I ran a business as a sole trader. I have been stupidly living off credit for two years while trying to build a failing business. I told the OR this She asked about my car and then said that there would ignore it. She asked about the most recent loans I had taken and I told her what I had done with the money - mainly just living day to day and robbing Peter to pay Paul. This took 20 mins. She then said she would like to see my last lot of accounts. I told her that these have not been totall finalised and at present show just a spreadsheet. She said it didn’t matter as I was now bankrupt but just wanted to see an idea. She said I could send this by email. She then ended the call saying the above and saying that if we needed to talk it would be by email.

I feel like a fraud and that I have let people down but so far have been treated with dignity and understanding from those dealing with it.

Good luck going forward
  • LincsPaul
    LincsPaul Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    My experience was: telephone interview (again to book an appointment but we did the whole thing there and then)....

........ and that's it.

No forms, no bank cards asked for (why? The bank will either close the account or keep it open for you to use)... I had to supply a copy of a lease and later I told them that I got a job but 5 months later and they haven't even responded about my revised income and expenditure.

Like most government departments, they are overworked and underpaid. Sit tight for a year and it will all be over !!!55357;!!!56898;
  • LincsPaul
    LincsPaul Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    P.S. Krissys you are not a fraud. I was in a similar position to you. You've simply taken control of a bad situation and turned things around using legal powers that exist for this very reason. The insolvency people deal with 150k+ cases a year I'm led to believe and I'm sure yours is one of the noble ones.
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    Lifes to short to worry, we are all going to hell in a handcart anyway
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • 30summit
    Options
    How’s things going?
  • krissys
    Options
    Slowly.

I filled out some forms that they asked me to sign giving them access to any records that they might want. I have heard no more from the OR but have heard from the team dealing with the valuation of stock and just sending them pictures and lists now so that it can be evaluated.

The bankruptcy has appeared on my credit report but as yet no creditors or banks have been advised. Does anyone know how long this will take?
  • london1973
    Options
    how do you know creditors haven’t been informed? they are no longer permitted to contact you so you may not know-that said i had a ‘freindly’ creditor (long story) who let me know when he received the letter, from recollection it was a good month from my interview

my bank remained open for about 3 months until
    it was frozen, but make sure you open a basic and move over ASAP as it can happen anytime and is an unnecessary hassle if you aren’t prepared

in short things move at a snails pace post-interview
  • haggis0073
    Options
    my bank got closed in 3 weeks from BR date, with regard to creditors, they do all get notified rather quick but sometimes the message does not reach the mailing department (hence why you still get letters), what i did was each time i got a letter from a creditor, i would ring them up and explain i have gone bankrupt, i would then give them my BR number and after they have checked it over the phone that was that, no more contact
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    haggis0073 wrote: »
    my bank got closed in 3 weeks from BR date, with regard to creditors, they do all get notified rather quick but sometimes the message does not reach the mailing department (hence why you still get letters), what i did was each time i got a letter from a creditor, i would ring them up and explain i have gone bankrupt, i would then give them my BR number and after they have checked it over the phone that was that, no more contact

last time (cough) i copied my BR certificate and attached it to a letter for every creditor

only heard from O2 who claimed as they were not listed ON the actual BR forms i still owed them......well that didnt go well for them

HMRC never even asked for thier £10,000
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure