Is an AAT qualification worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In that case, self study level 2 and level 3 (it should be easy enough anyway, and Google can help out with any topics you're struggling with) if you can. It'll be a lot cheaper and perhaps quicker this way.
    Then you can apply for jobs. I noticed earlier in my career that some companies wanted people currently working towards qualification rather than already qualified individuals, so even if you're half way through your studies getting an interview should be possible.

thank you for your reply.

Plus I don't think the MD would be too happy when he realises I am studying it to enable me to move on - there is currently a revolving door as so many people are leaving.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Which sort of jobs can you be applying for when starting this AAT level 2 and 3. All my experience is in Admin / Sales so looking for a new career, just wondering what sort of jobs I should be applying for as all the finance ones are saying 2-3 years experience!
  • Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a full level 2 qualification? If not then you might be entitled to funding for the AAT level 2.

Check with your local college.
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes unfortunately I have qualifications to a degree which I have just completed and now passed Level 2 AAT and got an accounts admin job so it is a start on the ladder, luckily the people at my new workplace where willing to train me as they were happy that I showed I was willing to progress with my learning in the interview.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure