Bankruptcy Help

Options
2»

Comments

• KeepOnKnitting
    Options
    Accounts are frozen by the bank, not the OR. If March comes around and you have still not heard anything, I think you will be entirely in your rights to contact the bank to ask for the money. If the OR have not set up payments with you in that time, it is too late for them.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • TheGardener
    Options
    neilva4 wrote: »
    I've still not heard anything from them and my year is up next March so not sure what to expect. I thought I may have heard something by now. If they do not contact me by March then what would happen to a bank account I had frozen with money in it, would the money have been taken by the OR?

How much money? Is the account still frozen? normally the bank either close the account and send you or the OR a cheque, they don't just leave them frozen indefinitely. Do you have a working bank account?
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 17 December 2016 at 12:36AM
    Options
    Accounts are frozen by the bank, not the OR. If March comes around and you have still not heard anything, I think you will be entirely in your rights to contact the bank to ask for the money. If the OR have not set up payments with you in that time, it is too late for them.

Disagree, it still belongs to the OR however long after bankruptcy.

I had £6 in a building society account. Over a year after bankruptcy I was still receiving statements from BS so sent email to OR asking if they were not interested in account, could I keep it?

Snotty reply about failing to disclose assets prompted me to send them a copy of the receipt showing I had handed over the passbook.

Roll forward 5 (yes 6 years after BR) I get a letter from BS saying they had just handed over the £6.

Still don’t know if account open or closed though.

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• neilva4
    neilva4 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I had about £800 in the account. It's with nationwide and they just said the account will be frozen until they hear from the OR. I do have another bank account that I told the OR about and he just said that's fine as I need the other account to pay bills and wages etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure