Access To On Line State Pension Forecast Made Easier

Options

Comments

• MoneySavingUser
    Options
    Thanks - had seen mine but it wouldn't accept my father's passport number but works using the new info!
  • witzzzend
    Options
    Couldn't get the Royal Mail verification site to respond, a shame after all the blood sweated in January to photograph passports whilst remembering to not stand completely still. Still my old Government Gateway ID used for tax returns etc now works perfectly. Whyever did we need the private sector in the first place.
    I was promised £122.79 pw in as little as 2 months if I don't hold my resolve to defer it. They reckon that is the equivalent of £533.92 pcm or £6407.01 pa.
    I'll leave the gifted amongst you to work out how they work it out whilst I ponder what to do with that extra penny.
  • witzzzend
    Options
    Couldn't sleep, so my friendly calculator suggests that the system
    Takes the weekly pension
    Divides by 7
    Multiplies by 365.25 to give the amount per annum
    Divides by 12 for pcm

So there are rounding errors, but it's close on my example
  • coastline
    coastline Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 October 2016 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Thanks for the link..
    As expected it shows the old rate due to my contracted out situation and only 33 years of NI payments. There's a possibility of reaching the new rate with more NI contributions.
    All the pre 2016 NI gaps are showing with various repayments between £626 and £722 a year.
    The important question is will making any pre 2016 NI payments add to my current state pension of £119..?
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the link..
    As expected it shows the old rate due to my contracted out situation and the possibility of reaching the new rate with more NI contributions.
    All the pre 2016 NI gaps are showing with various repayments between £626 and £722 a year.
    The important question is will making any pre 2016 NI payments add to my current state pension of £119..?

Probably not - it sounds like you have always been contracted out. However, if you have to bit to go before State pension age, and are no longer working, then you should be able to make voluntary NI conts going forward.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    coastline wrote: »
    Have you seen this guide: http://www.royallondon.com/Global/documents/GoodWithYourMoney/TOPPING-UP-YOUR-STATE-PENSION-GUIDE.pdf
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That guide is one of the best I have read so far, and very easy to understand,though it does tend to repeat itself a lot !
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 October 2016 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Finally got it! Even though the security questions were based on my RAF pension and the NI from my last employment......

If the forecast is accurate, my State pension as at 2016 is £138.12 per week. This is considerably more than the £120 per week I was expecting, as I have always been contracted out. Assume the extra is due to the post 2002 SP2 top-up for low pay, as I worked part time from 2003 until I retired (at 60) earlier this year?

Well happy with that!
  • minty777
    minty777 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How can you find out which years of any additional pension are added and how much in each of those years year?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure