Really confused

Options
I was made bankrupt in 2009 and am now completely discharged. My house had restrictions on its title deeds which were taken off however now I'm trying to sell it I've apparently hit a problem. My garage which is leased as part of the house sale still has restrictions on it. I've been in touch with the OA and at first they said no problem they would get it taken off but now they are saying no and want to see evidence that it was part of the original house sale? I pay no extra for it it just came with the house and it's on a lease basis and I don't pay anything for it. Are they going to try to charge me for it? I don't understand what is going on.

Comments

• alihud
    alihud Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone advise?
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would try this post on the house buying and selling board - might get more response.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Alihud

This does seem an unusual situation. I would advise you to contact Land Registry for details about the documents related to your property and the garage. If you did not acquire the garage at a different time from the house it seems unclear as to why the OR did not remove the restrictions from the garage as well.

I would provide the information the OR is asking for. If you don’t have it speak to your solicitor who dealt with the sale of the house or the Land Registry. There may be a charge for them to provide the information but hopefully it will resolve the matter and your house sale can go through smoothly. Good luck.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure