Which Insoles are best for flat trainers.

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some recommendations regrding sports insoles for flat trainers.
Flat trainers like converse hurt my feet after a while and I've got about 6 pairs of flat trainers that I want to wear really.
I prefer Nike Air Max and Air Max 90, but they tend to be knocking on £90- £110 per pair and thats too much at the moment.
So has anyone got any specific recommendations of really good sports insoles? I have bough Gel ones off Ebay and they were rubbish
I've had some in the past from Footlocker which were good but way overpriced.

Comments

• MissMonkeyMoo
    Options
    It really depends on how much money you want to spend and how technical you want to get with the insoles! I would recommend you look at inov8 insoles which come in a wide range of choices depending on your gait. They are really meant for running shoes and so look at whether you have a neutral foot strike or whether your foot rolls inwards or outwards. The correct insole will help to balance this out so you need to make sure you get the right one! Www.inov-8.com will have more details.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I started running back in 1974, and although I am overweight now, I still go for long walks and jog on soft ground.
    If anyone is serious about their sport and wants to avoid ankle and knee problems, then I would suggest that they steer clear from all of these modern flat trainers, which offer no support or cushioning.
    My last pair of trainers/running shoes were (still are) Adidas, which cost around £30. They have a removeable insole with just enough arch support, and although the sole is worn out, it has worn evenly, and there is no breaking down on either side of the heel area (pronation or supination).
    I bought the Adidas in April 2012, and they are still very wearable (apart from the fact that the sole is now "slick"). I can even put them in the washing machine from time to time and they don't fall apart.
    You only have one pair of feet (and knees), so look after them, and don't be guided by fashion or looks.
  • crazymoose82
    Options
    I've heard good things about Sorbothane insoles but never had the need to use them myself.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Are you planning to use them to run? Or just general everyday out-and-about walking?
    They are not proper trainers, personally I would not use them for training or sports even with an insole, but for general walking I would.
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    They are just for general walking about not for running or playing sport in. I've bought some Spendco Ironman All Sports insoles off Ebay £14.95. So far they seem to be very good and cushioned.
  • Amica_2
    Amica_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I used Scholl shock-absorber insoles (blue ones) that I bought via amazon. They provide amazing cushioning! My husband was also suggested that brand after a sports injury. They are a bit pricey since most are sent from the States (you pay £10-15 for a pack), but they really do the job and made to suit different sizes and genders (i.e. female foot / male foot)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure