Ideas for hampers

I want to make some hampers this year for ladies all over 60 but not old 60 ifswim.

Budget around £10-15 each. I want the container to be something that can be re-used, anyone know where I can get anything suitable at the moment?

Also suggestions on contents, they don't have to follow a theme just small reasonable priced things.

So far I can only think of scented candle, mug with hot choc sachet, box of chocolates/biscuits.

Anymore suggestions please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Some body lotions or hand cream
    Small photo frames
    A notebook of 2015 diary
    Box of posh tea or coffee to go with the biscuits
    A small pannetone (sp?)
    Maybe a mini bottle of Baileys or tipple of choice if budget allows?

Hamper baskets should be everywhere soon, Home Bargains usually do some Xmas themed ones
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    terracotta or decorative flowerpot, seeds, gloves, notebook for re-designing or making garden notes, handcream, nice soap?
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Loads about hampers on the special occasions board part of MSE forum.
  • I bought a set of 3 graduated hat boxes from A*da the other week. They were £8 but beautifully made and sturdy, so could be used afterwards for jewellery,scarves etc.

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2014 at 2:51PM
    I am doing hampers myself, but they will have homemade jams, red pickled cabbage, onions etc, together with a bottle of wine, shortbread biscuits and chocs. Some of them I am going to put into colanders, just have to find a reasonable priced one. They, of course, come in lovely colours these days so I thought I might try Wilkos.

Also thought I would try to find a reasonably priced mixing bowl. Like you I like to use containers that will be used again

Candlelightx
  • I've seen some where they pop scratch cards in too. Have a look at Pinterest, I'm getting most of my idea for gifts especially hampers etc from there. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/452541462530293799/
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a Home Bargains or B&M close by? Both are fab for bits and pieces like magnetic shopping lists that stick to the fridge, nice looking pens, trolley tokens on key-rings, various smellies.

The actual hampers I find hit and miss! In 2012 I bought beautiful lidded hampers from B&M, they had a variety of sizes, loads in and weren't expensive. I spent 2013 waiting for them to make a re-appearance - they didn't!

I eventually got some from Pound Stretcher, which were plastic, so washable but had a weave on them so they looked like they were wicker.
  • Spendless wrote: »
    Do you have a Home Bargains or B&M close by? Both are fab for bits and pieces like magnetic shopping lists that stick to the fridge, nice looking pens, trolley tokens on key-rings, various smellies.

Ditto for Home Bargains, I was in at the weekend and they had some gorgeous bits. £1.79 for a shabby chic floral days of the week chalkboard (which I've just found on amazon for £11.99! http://www.amazon.co.uk/week-days-board-kitchen-display/dp/B00HGTDGRM) and £1.99 for a set of wooden letters spelling LOVE (sticker on the back said they were originally £14.99:eek:)

Their cosmetics section provided some brillo bargains - I picked up the Argan Oil products below for 99p each and some Twisted Sista heat defense sprays for only 49p!! They are full sized products and don't look like cheapy knockoffs so they will definitely be used in a lot of my pampering hampers this year!!

Oil_Shampoo_Conditioner_Defence%20Spray_Hair%20mask.jpg
    I am the shoreline, but you're the sea... :heartsmil
  • ALou19
    ALou19 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Budget around £10-15 each. I want the container to be something that can be re-used, anyone know where I can get anything suitable at the moment?

Also suggestions on contents, they don't have to follow a theme just small reasonable priced things.

Check out these two links below from Pinterest...

Their both practical containers that can be used again but a little different to your ordinary baskets. Also it gives the basket more of a theme..

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/410249847277129546/ <-- This has inspired me to do something similar to my 80+ Grandma.. She still enjoys pottering about in the garden so I might try pick up a couple of cheap packets of seeds too :)

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/526850856379421150/

If you keep your eyes peeled I'm sure that gardening equip will soon be in the sales with Autumn fast approaching!

Hope this helps!
  • Hope you dont mind me jumping in,

Last year for my dh's nan (almost 80) I purchased a lovely cosy pair of slippers, and filled them with little sample pots of bath and body products, I also added a few of her favourite chocolates, a mini pedicure kit, and nail polish. I then wrapped in cellophane hamper style! The whole lot cost just over £10!

She absolutely loved it, and has requested the same for this year!

You could also do a similar thing with a hat, scarf and gloves set, fill the hat with mini goodies.

Just another idea for you x
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure