ReAssure are not reassuring!!!

Options
Anybody familiar with ReAssure Ltd? I have a very small pension package with them. Thank God it is only a small package! I think I might be in for a battle to get anything out of them at all, judging by online reviews (which I should have read waaay before I finally retired). Luckily, my main company pension is safely away from them.
I was a little surprised when I was told that my 25% lump sum would be paid into my account "on the due date", bearing in mind that it cannot be processed until that date. However, shortly before the due date, I was notified that it could not be paid in on that date because.... it fell on a Saturday. Fair enough. I was told it would be in my account on the following Monday. Monday came and no dough so I rang them. They assured me that it would be "processed tomorrow" and that it would take "a couple of days" to clear through my bank. Well, the "couple of days" came and went... nada. So I rang them again. I was told that they would be processing it (wait for it...) "tomorrow" and that it would take three to four days to clear.

I'm afraid I was less than complimentary and it remains to be seen just how many "tomorrows" they have in their calendar.

Are these people for real??? Anyone else had any truck with them?

Comments

• redbuzzard
    redbuzzard Posts: 718 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Swiss Re I believe.

I had a FSAVC with them. Originally taken out with National Mutual, left paid up. I'm afraid I rather neglected it for 20 or so years. It went to GE, then became Windsor Life IIRC, then ReAssure, so I suppose it has been well drained by charges. I transferred it to my SIPP a few months ago without any problems.
    "Things are never so bad they can't be made worse" - Humphrey Bogart
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anybody familiar with ReAssure Ltd

yes
    I'm afraid I was less than complimentary and it remains to be seen just how many "tomorrows" they have in their calendar.

Ironically, one of the brands they own and brought under the ReAssure brand was called Tomorrow.
    Are these people for real?

yes

Typically they very slow on admin. I havent used them for a long time to take a pension annuity through them as the open market option usually comes in a lot better unless it is one of their older schemes with guaranteed annuity rate.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have an old paid-up National Mutual personal pension which is now with ReAssure - I'm hanging onto it for the guaranteed annuity rate. Does anyone have experience of purchasing a GAR annuity from ReAssure - did it all go smoothly?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have experience of purchasing a GAR annuity from ReAssure - did it all go smoothly?

Its pretty much the only time you would use them nowadays (or where there is GMP). Slow. A few obsolete forms/questions others dont ask but apart from that fine.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure