No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Options

Comments

• catherinekate
    Options
    UU: Vichy Normaderm daily moisturiser. Nothing special, not worth the price.
    Dental floss. This said it was 200m but I swear it was actually long enough to go round the moon twice.

Had a little brush with Boots triple points plus a +200 points voucher on the app, these usually backfire on me but got all the points i was expecting today. All HGs except the first:
    Max Factor bronzer - bronzers are becoming a problem area for me. I keep buying them but they are all too orange on me.
    Aussie miracle shine shampoo & conditioner, HG
    Rimmel primer - HG
    L'oreal extraordinary oil cream, HG
    Rimmel brown eyeshadow quad, UU my other browns except . . .

I have an eyeshadow palette left with only one brown eyeshadow in it. Can't decide whether to keep plugging on with it to get the satisfaction of using it up, or whether to get rid and move on to another whole palette. Pairing it with a quad for now (though worrying that I'll use up the other three shades in the quad and ultimately end up in the same position!). What do others do?
  • Zuzi
    Zuzi Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dental floss. This said it was 200m but I swear it was actually long enough to go round the moon twice.

LOL!

I used up the Nivea deodorant from my PP list. Replaced it with a Mitchum and am surprised - they used to be my HG but now I went back to using them after a few months it doesn't seem to work that well?! Will need to watch closely.

Last weekend was the first time in ages I did not take advantage of a multiple points Boots promotion. I too cannot get myself to start spending the points, but I clearly will have to at some point, it's not a bank account! :)

My aim, in addition to PP lists, is to start using the various face masks I have - at least twice, possibly three times a week. In fact I will pop something on right now as I watch football - my pure clay Loreal mask I think - very heavy container, can't wait to get rid of it.
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    No PP for me this month. But I'm off work this week, and my task tomorrow is to sort out my dressing table. I plan to be brutal and clear out lots of make up - opened for years and never used. I don't include make up in my list, maybe I should!
    I'm also going to be brutal on body lotions - I've got some that I know have gone a bit off, they smell weird. But I have so so many foot creams that if I re-purpose them it will take years. So I'm going to be mean and chuck them!

I did count my lipbalms earlier (they're in a pot next to my bed) and I had 19!!!! And they're mostly open and half used. So I've picked 3 to concentrate on - 1 by my bed, 1 in my handbag and 1 in my work laptop bag. I will get through a lipbalm soon!! :D
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    abbe89 wrote: »

I did count my lipbalms earlier (they're in a pot next to my bed) and I had 19!!!! And they're mostly open and half used. So I've picked 3 to concentrate on - 1 by my bed, 1 in my handbag and 1 in my work laptop bag. I will get through a lipbalm soon!! :D

I'm nowhere near getting through any of mine. I found an ancient one today and threw it out. I have worked through about a third of a pot of Carmex Cherry, everything else looks barely touched - even my favourite Coconut & Pear is only down half an inch.

An unexpected in. I went in Poundworld for the first time in about 6 months.
    My hair is very fine and quite thin so a Pantene AgeDefy Advance Thickening Treatment (only available as a £3 Add On item on Am@zon) found its way in to my basket. Everything else I ignored. Go me.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    VALM- Benefit still do the Dandelion powder in the box but they have also released something called Dandelion Dew which is the same colour but a cream blush in a pump and that is the one which is very similar to the Rimmel product.

I agree with the Youtuber about using more Bare Minerals foundation than the company say, I have to use quite a bit and it is the buffing I don't have the time for, plus by the end of the day it has separated on me too.

Hi dolly. There is dandelion dew but there is also now dandelion twinkle which is boxed. I've got the Hoola Dew as it was a magazine freebie.i gave it to Emma who didn't like it and I've been waiting for warmer weather to try it.

I also found yesterday that letting my primer set for longer helped the foundation last too.

Am up early to repaint my nails. Think the bottle of INRAW will need to go too as it's too old. Going to wear I Theadora You instead.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Had a little brush with Boots triple points plus a +200 points voucher on the app, these usually backfire on me but got all the points i was expecting today. All HGs except the first:
    Max Factor bronzer - bronzers are becoming a problem area for me. I keep buying them but they are all too orange on me.
    Rimmel primer - HG

I have an eyeshadow palette left with only one brown eyeshadow in it. Can't decide whether to keep plugging on with it to get the satisfaction of using it up, or whether to get rid and move on to another whole palette. Pairing it with a quad for now (though worrying that I'll use up the other three shades in the quad and ultimately end up in the same position!). What do others do?

I find with bronzer that it's better to use a multi tonal one. I really love Laura Geller Bronze n Brighten. I have Tarte Park Avenue Princess at the mo but it's a multi tonal one again mixed with pinks.

Congratulations on your pallette. I have never finished a full one. On YouTube some planners use brown shadows in their brows. Could you do this?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Rimmel primer - HG

I've given up on bronzer all together, it just never looks right on me, I am fair skinned with pink/neutral undertones with a very English rose complexion so I look best staying pale with a nice pink blush.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Options
    abbe89 wrote: »
    No PP for me this month. But I'm off work this week, and my task tomorrow is to sort out my dressing table. I plan to be brutal and clear out lots of make up - opened for years and never used. I don't include make up in my list, maybe I should!
    I'm also going to be brutal on body lotions - I've got some that I know have gone a bit off, they smell weird. But I have so so many foot creams that if I re-purpose them it will take years. So I'm going to be mean and chuck them!

I too have a lipbalm obsession, I do use them but they just last forever, I haven't bought one for ages now and am trying to work through what I have but it will take literally years.

• dolly84
    Options
    VALM- I hadn't heard of the Dandelion twinkle, I find the original Dandelion quite sparkly and wouldn't want anything with more glitter I don't think.

And - I have a microfibre mitt that is the same idea as those cloths, I do still use a balm or oil to dissolve my makeup first though but I think it does a good job because it really grips onto the skin. Those cloths are pricey though.

I have two uu's

Elemis PCMC 30ml - I do like this and have more in the stash, I have never actually bought one but have used loads of GWP's, the price does put me off it though.

Clearasil Rapid Action Pads
    - I do like these and although I don't think they reduce a spot in 4 hours as they claim I do find they keep congestion down, I won't re buy for now as I have other products to use which keep pores clear.

Also sold 3 makeup items on ebay - yay.

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, all I am belatedly in for March, have been busy (and ill) for the last few weeks. I'm hoping for another eye shadow UU this month wanting to UU 12 by the end of the year currently UU 2

I have the following still to use up from various challenges: I have 1 more item to UU as part of my Feb PP list (will try to UU this month), 1 Item left in the 5 by Spring (hopefully this will finish soon), 1 item from 5 by Christmas (again hopefully will be UU soon) and 2 items from 7 by Autumn (I may end up binning these).

February PP Carry over
    Lush Sleepy Body Lotion

5 by spring - 1 item left
    1 - UU - UD Baked Cowboy eyeshadow
    2 - UU -a tube of hand cream - TBS Strawberry Hand Cream 30ml
    3 - a lip balm again I have a few open - 2 of them are nearly finished
    4 - UU - Snow Lush Castle soap
    5 - UU - A Travel sized Body Lotion - NUXE Huile Prodigieuse 30ml

1 item left from 5 by Christmas.
    2 - Urban Decay one & Done - not yet finished - almost

7 by Autumn carry over
    1 - Benefit Fake up Concealer Full sized - Hate this